Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TXV question

Another point is if system was charged during the summer they may not have put enough in to flood the condenser during lower ambients when the OROA (or LAV) valve comes into play it will loose liquid to TXV due to lo charge

Not enough charge for winter operation

It does not have any of that just a p66

!OAML

Quote Originally Posted by steve wright View Post
    Doing some amazing things

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Amzaning huh?

See we can understand stuff that is all discombobulated
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by steve wright View Post
    Another point is if system was charged during the summer they may not have put enough in to flood the condenser during lower ambients when the OROA (or LAV) valve comes into play it will loose liquid to TXV due to lo charge

Not enough charge for winter operation
    Charge is correct

Subcool is a stable 15, left my cooper on it and checked min/max temps.

Sightglass is always full.

This unit has has a truckload of compressors , each just slapped in with a new drier that was installed backwards everytime . No cleanup was ever attempted , just a throw it in and let er' rip...

I have at least 25% of the distributor tubes blocked with who knows what.

Forgive my discombobulated mess...i typed all this and my previous posts on a POS windows phone ,which doesn't display the site properly... time to get a tablet. Know of some good English and grammar forums?
    mikeacman

Some baskets have handles for very convenient reasons.
    "Iron sharpeneth iron..."

Mikeacman that was meant for Mrak you all were talking about all kind of misspelled stuff your post 14 I think, I sure don't cast stones cause I'm the worst.

I did think it was interesting how our mind works stuff out.

I have had your prob before and had to remove TXV, distributor nozzle and clean the tubes with largest piano wire that would fit in tubes. Those plugged tubes can actually cause the others to flood. Blow with N2 though suction line while cleaning tubes. It is unlikely but when you get into it you may find they have been plugged from day one.

The cause could be a breakdown of desiccant (I prefer solid core) you could have had one of the many compressors shipped with POE lubricant and that can create a lot of problems on r22.

I have also seen ref migration problems with r22 and POE lubricant

Hope it help I look forward to hearing how it all shakes out

I'm liking the piano wire idea. We had a guy in a pinch working on a Trane with a clogged orifice header. He gently drilled on the header careful not to drill through ahead of each orifice. He then took a punch and made a small hole by each one, cleared them with a wire and brazed them shut. Worked great! I would like to try that but I think we would have the same amount of time changing it. There are two more water cooled units in the room so with this unit severely crippled it does ok. They are a little uneasy though the crippled liebert is the only one on the generator.

That is a good point if you make everything up ahead of time you could prob change real quick.

Most of those nozzles are removable, i wont say easily though, if it is corroded in it could be tough.

Had a water cooled york in similar condition in a server room recently.
    Stage 1 needed a new comp for the 5th time, our first time on it. Noticed the distributor had been torched and globs of braze round it and the txv, and coated in oil. Comp and txv no longer available through York, no probs sized up a scroll to take its place along with a new txv, distributor and nozzle. Pre-assembeld the txv and distributor with new tubes and used couplings to connect to the old disttrib tubes, went very smooth. Then I started it up and it hunted like a mofo almost slugging, then I checked the oil glass on the new scroll (thank you Copeland) and it was over the top, pulled out 3/4 gallon of excess oil, and no more hunting, wish all my replacement comps had sight glasses.

Never took it the wrong way ,,,

I think at this point we are quoting a replacement liebert as the existing is a 1985 model . We are quoting a new coil as well as the other compressor as another option. Its out of my hands and in the hands of the salesman that would have any warranty work hit his bottom line . It is a super critical unit as its the only one that's runs with the backup generator and the room it conditions is the mother for the entire plant .

We have only grazed the surface of the issues this machine had.

I got involved after Tommy and freight spent a lot of time sorting this out and got pulled off for other projects . They made a working machine out of a scrap heap to say the least so hats off to them . What's left is one failed comp and a fubar'd distributor.
    mikeacman

And no telling what else is junked in the other circuit since it has a 06Boat anchor
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351703241.191440.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  48.7 KB
    HELP ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Freightshaker View Post
    And no telling what else is junked in the other circuit since it has a 06Boat anchor
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351703241.191440.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  48.7 KB
    HELP ME!
    Probably everything the brown metal flake sludge/desiccant cocktail, that's been running through the pipes like gremlins on crack, has touched. Just a guess. Maybe everything is fine in that Circut and a simple comp change out will make it brand new.

now your talking Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123