Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TXV question

TXV question

First of all this was and still is a basket case Liebert unit .
    15 ton circuit .
    15 ton compressor ,txv ,drier ,oil and refrigerant replaced . Properly evacuated .
    All OEM parts ,nothing substituted.

The issue is the TXV is hunting .
    It hunts between 10 and 25 superheat . No adjusting will remove it . Spent a few hours going both ways 1/2 turn at a time . All it accomplishes is changing the range in which it hunts . Example = 5 to 20 degrees superheat when opening or a corresponding range in the other direction .

One thing that was found is the old drier was in backwards . After some run time and a core change a lot of debris resembling desiicant was found in the shell .

The charge is correct . The saturated suction runs 40-45 degrees below entering air. The entering air was a steady 70 ,wet bulb of 57 .
    Did not take a accurate supply air ,as half the coil is active and the other side is constantly bypassed ,the other circuit has a failed compressor and is down.

I did check the distributor and found out of 12 circuits one is 100% blocked or not feeding . At least 4 more appear to be starving . I feel there is a problem in distribution as in at least 25% of the distributor tubes are blocked or restricted .
    I believe the coil is not feed evenly and some circuits are restricted and some may be getting overfed.
    I feel this may be causing some or all of my issues .

Care to comment ?
    mikeacman

you already have the answers!

either remove distributor and nozzle and all distributor tubes and blow out?

or

buy new distributor and nozzle and replace?

make sure dryer is installed close to the TEV and facing the right way! LOL!!!!!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

as far as the other circuit that is not active?

cover it up with cardboard.

if you think you have molecular sieves, dessicants, alumina or silca gel stuck in distributor?

take a torch to it!

molecular sieves are aDsorbant and HATE heat!!!!!!!! HATE it!!!!!!! LOL!

which stage is bad? if you know u have a bad circuit in the evap are the stages identical? have you considered shifting the suction and liquid lines on each? make first stage 2nd and 2nd first on the evap. this would change your expansion valve and header.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeacman View Post
    First of all this was and still is a basket case Liebert unit .
    15 ton circuit .
    15 ton compressor ,txv ,drier ,oil and refrigerant replaced . Properly evacuated .
    All OEM parts ,nothing substituted.

The issue is the TXV is hunting .
    It hunts between 10 and 25 superheat . No adjusting will remove it . Spent a few hours going both ways 1/2 turn at a time . All it accomplishes is changing the range in which it hunts . Example = 5 to 20 degrees superheat when opening or a corresponding range in the other direction .One thing that was found is the old drier was in backwards . After some run time and a core change a lot of debris resembling desiicant was found in the shell .

The charge is correct . The saturated suction runs 40-45 degrees below entering air. The entering air was a steady 70 ,wet bulb of 57 .
    Did not take a accurate supply air ,as half the coil is active and the other side is constantly bypassed ,the other circuit has a failed compressor and is down.

I did check the distributor and found out of 12 circuits one is 100% blocked or not feeding . At least 4 more appear to be starving . I feel there is a problem in distribution as in at least 25% of the distributor tubes are blocked or restricted .
    I believe the coil is not feed evenly and some circuits are restricted and some may be getting overfed
    I feel this may be causing some or all of my issues .

Care to comment ?
    Blue is cause, red is effect. Fix the blue and the red will go away.

what is black???????????

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    what is black???????????
    Historical data

Unit is set on Indian burial ground!! Don't forget the 1/4 cup of brown metal flake paint we got out of oil sump. Oh and the LP switch that appeared to have been jumped out. Oh and the 61 degree set point. Oh and the garden it took 5 hrs to wash out of the cond coil. Oh and the broken humidifier bulbs in the pan. Oh and the pan that had to be chiseled out and jack hammered to clean. Oh ya did we figure out why they have to put 6 compressors in it over the last 4 years yet?

More Alkabenzine or seafoam.

The backwards filter drier.....
    Is that the consensus?

About a month ago I had bad pressure readings and among other things I decided just out of curiosity to open up the liquid line drier and found the little screen that prevents the desiccant itty bitty pellets from going through the system had a tear in it. At the metering device I opened it up to find 7 of those little pellets had made their way to block the orifice. Put a new drier in and changed the fixed orifice to a txv (just for fun) added low and High Manual reset pressure switches and of course the compressor was shot as well, not due to the pellets, it had bad suction reeds. All for a little computer room that hardly gets used. But it was fun. That's what counts.....

glad you had fun!

is mraK dyslexic for Mark????????/

Yes! Mrak .... Mark
    I get tired of trying to come up with user names. Who in their right mind would use Mrak as a user name? Now you know I'm not "right" in the head. :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast