Thread: Dehumidifiers

Dehumidifiers

OK, so is Ultra Aire a good brand? Seems like everything is junk these days....

If I install one with ductwork in the attic, how much heat is it going to produce running the air through this duct...is that an issue? I know if you spray foam the attic this would be ideal.

If you interlock to AHU blower with the unit, then you will have some more heat gain. If comfort is the goal, how do you overcome these things?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    OK, so is Ultra Aire a good brand? Seems like everything is junk these days....

If I install one with ductwork in the attic, how much heat is it going to produce running the air through this duct...is that an issue? I know if you spray foam the attic this would be ideal.

If you interlock to AHU blower with the unit, then you will have some more heat gain. If comfort is the goal, how do you overcome these things?
    Ultra-Aire is the highest efficiency whole house dehumidifier available today, 4-8 pints per KW. The heat is 1,050 btus per pint of dehumidification plus 3,414 btus per kw used. This means minimal heat generated. These units have enough fan power to move dry air throughout the home with the dehus fan via the a/c's ducts. Do a return to the dehu from the open part of the home. The dehus supply is connected to the a/c supply. When the dehu operates dry is circulated without the a/c fan.
    The dehu is not needed when the a/c is operating, only during low/no cooling loads.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Ultra-Aire is the highest efficiency whole house dehumidifier available today, 4-8 pints per KW. The heat is 1,050 btus per pint of dehumidification plus 3,414 btus per kw used. This means minimal heat generated. These units have enough fan power to move dry air throughout the home with the dehus fan via the a/c's ducts. Do a return to the dehu from the open part of the home. The dehus supply is connected to the a/c supply. When the dehu operates dry is circulated without the a/c fan.
    The dehu is not needed when the a/c is operating, only during low/no cooling loads.
    Regards TB
    Thanks, my home system seems to need dehum even with the Infinity 2 stage running in the summer. Our humidity is crazy and I am weary of the floor model dehum. Nice to know it can do the job without the fan running, that was a concern.