Possible house purchase. Furnace thoughts??

Hey guys,

I haven't been on here in quite a while but you guys were great helping me out with my AC issues a few years back. I am thinking of moving from my condo to a house. Issue is I want to stay in the city. So only houses really available are very old houses that have been updated.
    Looking at a 100 year old Victorian. It has had all new Pella windows installed, and new furnace in 2007. House has hot air heat with floor vents. The house has a full basement but a new kitchen addition with crawl space. I attached a pic of the furnace and the duct work under the crawl space. Anything look strange? I always hated the idea of flex HVAC just inches away from the ground but I see it is done in the South quite a lot. The furnace looks very small for a 2k sqft home but probably just because it is newer. I see a condensate pump so I assume it's a condensing furnace but really not sure. Looks like the company is called Conquest. I never heard of it. Thoughts?

Basically I just want to know if you see anything strange in the pics. Also, I have to have central AC. I assume any hot air heating system can have AC added. No? I realize AC with floor vents isn't ideal, but anything else I should be concerned with? Thanks for the help!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Looks like a rebadged Rheem/Ruud furnace.
    It is a condensing furnace, the PVC vent pipes are a dead giveaway.
    Guessing by the photo it looks like a 100K BTU furnace, more than enough for 2,000 sq ft.
    I have NEVER seen an undersized gas furnace, and don't think anybody else has either.

Quote Originally Posted by smoss View Post
    Hey guys,

I haven't been on here in quite a while but you guys were great helping me out with my AC issues a few years back. I am thinking of moving from my condo to a house. Issue is I want to stay in the city. So only houses really available are very old houses that have been updated.
    Looking at a 100 year old Victorian. It has had all new Pella windows installed, and new furnace in 2007. House has hot air heat with floor vents. The house has a full basement but a new kitchen addition with crawl space. I attached a pic of the furnace and the duct work under the crawl space. Anything look strange? I always hated the idea of flex HVAC just inches away from the ground but I see it is done in the South quite a lot. The furnace looks very small for a 2k sqft home but probably just because it is newer. I see a condensate pump so I assume it's a condensing furnace but really not sure. Looks like the company is called Conquest. I never heard of it. Thoughts?

Basically I just want to know if you see anything strange in the pics. Also, I have to have central AC. I assume any hot air heating system can have AC added. No? I realize AC with floor vents isn't ideal, but anything else I should be concerned with? Thanks for the help!!
    The furnace is a 90+ condensing. The pics of the duct work and furnace are not overly revealing but nothing stands out. The floor joists of the addition are in an unconditioned space and should be insulated.

Thanks guys.

I also thought it was odd there was no insulation under the addition's floor joists.

Any reason I couldn't add AC?? Is it generally true that all hot air furnaces can have AC added?

Don't see anything to be overly concerned about. I dont like to see flex sagging like that and would dress it up. Yes you can add AC to that system but I can't see how much room is above the furnace. The evap coil will sit on top of furnace and will need some metal work done but shouldn't be a big deal to do. Good luck.