Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR-15

AR-15

I bought a new assault rifle. Or, another name is, "extended magazine hunting rifle". Get out there and arm yourselves before they go after the ban again. The prices will go up even more if they start to work the ban propaganda again like several years ago. If you get one, make sure it is as much as you can afford and justify. You won't be sorry if you invest a good amount in a quality weapon. Mine is a Rock River Arms Tactical Operator II. It is freakin bad ass man! I guess I am worried most about ammo right now.

I have an M&P 15, with a Nikon 223 scope....matched for the ballistics of the round. Nice rifle, but I prefer my M1A over everything else.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I have an M&P 15, with a Nikon 223 scope....matched for the ballistics of the round. Nice rifle, but I prefer my M1A over everything else.
    The ability to reach out and touch somebody at 700 or 800 meters is very reassuring.

I don't think they'll ban them again, but you never know. I have looked at the ARs but there are to many other guns I want and for alot less money. I've got plenty of loaded magazines for my handguns that I should be ok. The way I see it when the sh!t hits the fan, My threats will be close up. If I can't hit them with 16 rounds of 9mm or .40 before reloading, then I shouldn't own a gun anyway. For knockdown power this is my baby. .454casull. The smaller round is a .40
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

I have a pre ban colt and a lightning link. You really should have bought a colt.....especially an older preban that will accept a lightning link.

Then you have yourself a machinegun.

Of course.... please refrain from the obama gonna grab my guns rhetoric.....he didnt do it the first time and he sure isnt going to do it this term....if he managed to get the job again......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

In the second to last debate he mentioned going after the assault rifles. Maybe I am wrong but I think the first assault weapon was a rock. It still hasn't been banned.

I'm not a gun aficianado like some others, but I've shot many types of firearms, so I feel qualified to make this statement. If you can't shoot worth a damn, an infinite supply of bullets ain't gonna make a big difference.
    I'll take an M21 or M24 dor the long stuff, and a shoygun for the close in work.

None of us reading this is ever going to be faced with the prospect of gunning down our fellow citizens.... so why stock up on anything.

Keep a shotgun and pistol around the house for the occasional crack head and quit worrying about the s hitting the fan in the good old usa....

I had two real nice remington 700 bdls...... one was 6mm....one was 243.......lol..... the 243 I bought because it had been worked on...

They were both very accurate rifles though If I bought something like them again it would be in 308 pr 30 06. Of course I wont ever buy something like them again.... Just cant justify spending the cash on a rifle. The lord has given me other things to do with my money....like give it hand over fist to my f******* bum relatives.

Had them till my nephew ( one of my bum relatives ) broke in and stole them and a bunch of other guns a couple of months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    None of us reading this is ever going to be faced with the prospect of gunning down our fellow citizens.... so why stock up on anything.

Keep a shotgun and pistol around the house for the occasional crack head and quit worrying about the s hitting the fan in the good old usa....

But what about the Zombie Apocolypse? I don't expect anything to happen, but you never know. There's a certain religous orginazition which is spending millions of dolars building houses of worship in urban areas all around the US. Kind of like a cancer. Once thse "tumors" get the order from Allah, who knows what may happen.
    My brotherinlaw is a "prepper" which I think is way overboard, and I have a coworker buddy of mine who is a decorated Marine. He's armed to the gills waiting for the apocolypse. Maybe they know something?

Obams aint going after your guns... But of course, if you have to buy one....buy it now before bams is reelected..... Cause after the election I am sure we are going to be hit hard in the media....well on the net by gun manufacturers and bloggers....who are either just plain stupid, gun dealers stirring up business or gun manufacturers stirring up business.... telling us that obama is gonna get your guns this time so you need to go out and spend your last dime buying as many guns and as much ammo as you can. There will also be others stirring up more business for the freeze dried meals and other BS....

Just dont go out after the election when gun and ammo prices go up and be a part of the herd...... just sit back and wait a few months.. might even find some good deals when the people who jumped out there and bought those guns and ammo realize they needed the cash more and begin selling them.

Or... go out now and buy a couple dozen of those ar-15 clones that you can get for 500 or so.....and then when the price of guns in your area hits the ceiling......sell them for a handsome profit.

I would be more worried about guns if Romney gets elected.....he did sign an assault weapon ban in Massachusetts.

Corny, Expanding on what you said. Obama being elected was the best thing to happen to the gun business in '08. There was an ammunition shortage for months and a boom in gun sales. Funny thing now, gun shops that never had much used inventory are now overflowing with used guns. Especially handguns.

We are not going to see any type of gun ban over the next 4 years. I dont believe that either candidate has that on their agenda because there are just too many more important matters to take care of first.

Its funny though...isnt it..... Romney actually banned guns and Obama signed into laws extending gun rights...... and obama is gonna get your guns....lol

Seriously..... terrorism......the economy..... If either one of them brings up guns during the next 4 years......Ill be surprised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast