Thread: R7184B & 51950U

R7184B & 51950U

Hello,

I am currently running a R7184B controller and wanted the ability to turn just the fan on without heat to circulate air in my house. I called Beckett and they said I needed an A/C ready kit (51950U). This kit came with a board and transformer.

After some time I cant figure out how to wire this thing. I tried to hook up just the R & W from the thermostat to the board and then to the controller and it does nothing. I then tried to hook up everything as per the instructions and still does nothing. Any advice?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Call an expert.

Maybe I should not have asked for "any advice" but I think calling a service tech goes without saying at some point. Are you familiar with these two devices? Is this usually a simple installation or can it be problematic? Is this even the correct part to go with my controller? Did you bother to look at the images or did you only feel the need to take up space on this forum?

I would think the furnace would come with a fan center control already for this purpose.

noskilltech is correct though. Your safest bet is to call a licensed tech. I am suprised Beckett even sold you that.

Very simple procedure for a trained tech, but as per site rules no DIY.

I agree ... very simple.... any tec will install it fast.....sorry no diy......
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by Rysis View Post
    Maybe I should not have asked for "any advice" but I think calling a service tech goes without saying at some point. Are you familiar with these two devices? Is this usually a simple installation or can it be problematic? Is this even the correct part to go with my controller? Did you bother to look at the images or did you only feel the need to take up space on this forum?
    The installation is elementary to an expert. Maybe you should pony up the cash for someone who knows what they are doing before you torch your mobile home.

FYI, I'm just trying to up my post count here.

No DIY Here.....

Thread Closed !!