Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tools Stolen

Renter's insurance. They will cover it all. A buddy of mine had renter insurance and had his van broken into. They replaced everything.

I think I'd be considering an inexpensive video setup (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16881147011) to monitor the area where you park, and and maybe spend a few nights sleeping in the van with a .45

Do you have your tools laid out in ready to grab tool bags or toolboxes? If so take them with you inside, they know your truck as an easy target and I think they"ll be back. With my layout it will take some time to gather it all, hopefully too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    I think I'd be considering an inexpensive video setup (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16881147011) to monitor the area where you park, and and maybe spend a few nights sleeping in the van with a .45
    thats seems cool and priced reasonably.

or a real good theft deterrent auto alarm , the one with a beeper remote that can sit on your nightstand near your gun so when it goes off it shows broken glass or which door was opened and you can grab gun and run out and take "care of the situation" . Its only 300 dollars installed and works great ..i have one and sleep much better and take less out of my work truck since its been on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post

I wonder what the HD sold separately means?? any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    I wonder what the HD sold separately means?? any idea?
    Hard Drive

ahh the proverbial catch! i knew the price was too low for all the stuff in the picture!!

Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    ahh the proverbial catch! i knew the price was too low for all the stuff in the picture!!
    Nah you can grab a cheap hard drive for $40 or take one from an old pc you may have collecting dust in a closet. A terabyte of hard drive is only $75 new.

if they don't cover it, find a new job, drop off and park the truck length wise at the driveway with the keys locked in it, no two week notice. they wanna treat you like a jerk, act like one!
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

I engrave my tools and then start looking for them at the pawn shops after filing a police report
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

At a FLEA MARKET 1 Sunday afternoon , 1 guy had PILES of tools , tool boxes , pouchs for sale. Story was he had retired from the TRADES , yet had no IDEA what half the tools were. This other guy showed up with the POLICE and Identified a few tool boxes and a lot of tools .

That would have been a good time to show him what the 12" Crescent was for!

I install these on all my trucks that carry tools.

Name:  image-3557850886.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  49.7 KB

I have seen the guy at the flea market with the tools bought a vacuum pump off him got home serial # gone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast