Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tools Stolen

Tools Stolen

So when I went to go to work Friday morning I heard my tanks rolling around, so i stopped to see why. Boom all my hand tools were gone, tourches vac pump all gone. My works response was hmmmm let us know when you got tools to go back to work. They wouldnt cover a dime of it. Needless to say i was wondering if anyone knew of anyway I could get private insurance on my tools in a company van!

Quote Originally Posted by dylan702 View Post
    So when I went to go to work Friday morning I heard my tanks rolling around, so i stopped to see why. Boom all my hand tools were gone, tourches vac pump all gone. My works response was hmmmm let us know when you got tools to go back to work. They wouldnt cover a dime of it. Needless to say i was wondering if anyone knew of anyway I could get private insurance on my tools in a company van!
    If it was in your driveway file a police report and have homeowner ins cover it, I had that happen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dylan702 View Post
    That sucks I would find somewhere new to work.

did you leave it unlocked?
    you live in las vegas.

if it was broken in to and you file a police report, your boss has to cover you!

if not broken into you could be in trouble?
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

If you have renters or homeowners insurance check with them. My renters insurance covers all my property no matter where it is.

so my tools were stolen again!!!!!! My van was locked alarm on and they broke out the lock. I am going to file a police report and then call my Manger if they dont cover it this time I will be so pissed off!!!!! i cant afford to replace tools every two weeks. The house has no homeowners insurance. I do live in Las Vegas, and work for the biggest ac company in this town!!!!

Sounds like meth heads on a mission. Sorry to hear this. Hope they get found and eliminated.

Those guys will be coming back for more tools.
    If your company says screw you and you and you decide to leave.
    I would park their truck every night with the keys in it and leave the doors open.
    Oops I was unloading my tools every night the and left the keys in it by mistake.

My trucks got broken into allot and each employer took the responsibility to replace all tools the same day. One time they stole a new $2000 core drill I used the 1st day by breaking the lock while I was a the job site in the Bronx.

Sounds like you need some pick locks. They have to make a lot of noise to break into them.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
    using Tapatalk
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

+1 for leaving the van unlocked and keys in it.

I believe if you get a poilice report the auto insurance that the van has will cover it after there deductible. your employer should cover you. I know of a few people recently at my place of employment that had there trucks broken into and they gave them the company card had them pick up the important tools they needed for the day and the insurance co. paid the company back. however your employer should take some action seeing it is there truck. again you need a police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report police report am I getting across to you?

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    If you have renters or homeowners insurance check with them. My renters insurance covers all my property no matter where it is.
    Agree, I have a 35,000 policy. just encase the whole mother go's down!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast