Thread: Special Leads?

Hey, was wondering what any of you use to test circuits going through molex type connectors? I have to unplug them but taking other circuits out while doing that isnt very advantageous. I tried to solder a needle to some other leads but had no luck of course. Maybe angle grind the lead tips until they are fine enough to stick into the back of the connector or sharp enough to peirce a wire?
    What have you found success with?
    gahh

Check out these from Fluke.

They work great for what you are wanting to do.

You can also get a pair of these both have their places in hard to get to spots.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Originally posted by davidr
    Check out these from Fluke.

They work great for what you are wanting to do.

You can also get a pair of these both have their places in hard to get to spots.
    Oh nice
    Davidr have you had sucess with either of these? I am wondering how good of contact the needle leads would make with desired pin?
    I would prefer the needle leads as oppose to the piercer simply because i could likely just keep the one set of leads on my main meter at all times.
    gahh

I have had good success with both types though the piercing type can be a PITA at times.

The retractable ones are great, I use them quite a bit.

I got these along with the piercer today and so far am impressed with the piercer. Does the lighter guage wire no problem. The test leads are flat edge, something I do not see the benefit of? Redundant, I needed to get the jacks anyways so I decided to get new leads too.
    Over the last week I asked a couple of my peers and from the soudns of things I guess everyone just jams the lead tip into the molex type pin connectors which is fine.
    Thanks for the advice davidr
    gahh

Originally posted by skr0oface

I got these along with the piercer today and so far am impressed with the piercer. Does the lighter guage wire no problem. The test leads are flat edge, something I do not see the benefit of? Redundant, I needed to get the jacks anyways so I decided to get new leads too.
    Over the last week I asked a couple of my peers and from the soudns of things I guess everyone just jams the lead tip into the molex type pin connectors which is fine.
    Thanks for the advice davidr
    Glad I could help. I use the same leads on my regular service meter & love them.
    The flat edge test leads work great for testing out receptacles, think they are a electricians test probe.