Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have had my X3 set for about 3 years. I have had no issues with warranty claims. The big thing is you need to register everything right away. Including when you get replacement tools. I have replaced my batteries 3 times and replaced my portable light twice. The batteries are weak compared to others and a bit heavy. The hammer drill, impact, sawzall and circular saw are pretty good. I find Ridgid cordless tools are middle of the road. Its the lifetime warranty that sets it apart from others.

I am a service tech so I rarely use my power tools. Back when I was on installs I preferred Milwaukee and Makita. I believe Milwaukee has a 5 year warranty excluding batteries. Makita replacement parts are cheap. All other brands seem to have a much larger selection of other tools and accessories. I hope this helps.

dewalt,makita or milwaukee. either one you choose you should be happy but getting a brand and going all in is the way to go that way your batteries will work with all your tools. just easier for me that way. i use all milwaukee and love them. if something happened i would consider makita but those would be the only two brands for me.

DeWalt stuff is made in Mexico. Everything else out there is chinee. Mexico is bad, but not as bad as China, IMO. When I find something that is still made here in the US, I will gladly pay for it.
    The key to happiness is lower expectations.

I sent two of my replacement batteries to a place in Topeka. Got a new set about a week later. I guess the guy at Home Depot that told me the replacement batteries where not going to be replace was full of crap.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

we bought the ridged. dont like it were the light is, it is on the battery not around the collar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123