Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have 18 volt Ryobi. I picked Ryobi because of the selection of the peripheral tools. The tools don't see heavy use. I also have an impact driver, grinder, 1/2 impact driver, fan, flash light, compressor/inflator, recept. saw, drill, circular saw, weed whacker, and radio.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Weed whacker haha! Leave it to ryobi! The only thing I ever liked about ryobi was the magnet for screws on the drills.

Quote Originally Posted by jlanesey View Post
    Weed whacker haha! Leave it to ryobi! The only thing I ever liked about ryobi was the magnet for screws on the drills.
    Don't laugh too hard. It's weak, but gets the job done when my stubborn gas trimmer won't start. I'd like to get the leaf blower.

Ryobi is not the best, but gets the job done. And cheap too.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Well around here if I went with ridgid I would be getting them from home depot so I would hope the warranty would be the same as the box says limited lifetime warranty

Limited warranty, what is the limit?

From what I was told they guarantee there tools including the battery for life. The box has a star that says limited lifetime warranty.

Isn't rigid a Home Depot brand now?

I wouldn't be surpised to find that out

Yes home depot sells it with a lifetime warranty if you sign up the tool online. We use 24V ridgid cordless tools always been good to us

I have a feww of the 18 VOL:T drills , not the best but do a decent job , here is the Rigid WARRANTY info
    http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Power-Tool-Warranty

I've got a 18v Makita drill and driver set. Their both tough tools that have held up strong over the years. I bought them a few years ago when I was a sub contracted installer for a local cable company. I've been considering a set of Rigid, simply because of the lifetime warranty. Thinking about a Rigid recept. saw also.

One of our guys bought the Rigid impact and drill set. I like the separate trigger for the light and it seems like they have more RPMs than my Milwaukee stuff.

However, I like my Milwaukee stuff better. I got a light, sawzall, hammer drill and impact for $400. Everybody has trash talked my drill and sawzall, but I've noticed when it comes time to start dragging tools out, they want to use my stuff, while theirs sits in the truck. I like the trigger better on my impact, it seems easier to control speed than the Rigid.

Been using one of these for 10 years, still have one original battery. Has been rebuilt by DeWalt rep once.

Before that, it was one of these. It worked really well for a while, but then the trigger and chuck started acting up. Got it repaired, then 3 months later same thing. When it worked, it was awesome and had a good feel and a ton of power.

Now, for everyday stuff, I use one of these. Love it. Makita's cordless stuff is awesome!

The Ridgid drills and impacts I've used have always seemed to be quality tools, I just have a tendency to stick with established brands when it comes to power tools. If I were in the market for new ones, the #1 thing I would be looking at is where it was made.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast