condensor aluminum metal fins bent

Hi,
    Can I ask about the condensor on my refrigerator? It is a 17 y.o. subzero with the condensor on top. I was told that i should vacuum it with the brush attachment to remove dust. I'm guessing it hadn't been done in a 5+ years. When finished there are several areas where the fine aluminum fins--all spaced 1/5th of an inch apart --where bent to the side a bit. Not super bad but obvious. Perhaps 10% surface area. It was dusty and i didn't pay much attention, so i'm not sure it was there before i started.

Should i not bother in the future, and just let the dust collect? Do you think there was much harm done? Is there an easier way?

Thanks
    Steve

I'd call a quality service company who will sell you maintenance contract whereby they clean these coils on a regular basis. Yes, they need to be cleaned on a regular basis! A few bents fins won't hurt performance nearly as much as dirty condenser coils will!

some bent fins won't hurt things but dirt will, a vacuum will not get dirt from between fins.

i use low pressure compressed air on mine, run the vacuum to catch airborne dust while blowing out coil.