Thread: Heat Pump

Have Gibson heat pump model JT3BA 924KA. When heat pump is running there is water all over concrete patio slab. In the winter the water freezes near the sidewalk and is dangerous. Is it normal for that much water/condensation? to come from heat pump?

thanks bob

The condition is normal, when the system defrost (an automatic feature) - it will generate H20.

Better installations provide a raised platform (for some evaporation & to keep it out of the snow) and drainage plane or gravel area to dispose of the H20

[Edited by coolguysfl on 10-22-2006 at 11:26 AM]

They will indeed make alot of water. The contractor who installed it on a patio should have known better. It will be tough to make all that right without moving the unit.

I figured it will need moved. We moved in March 06 and there was water on patio then. How expensive to have it moved? There is space right around corner, I could set the platform myself. How best to build?

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.

Bob

Just have a contractor move it. You can build a slab where you want it(stay away from windows/doors), and make sure it's pitched so the h2o drains.If it's near the edge of your concrete patio, you might be able to pitch the unit to drain properly, without affecting it's performance. again, consult a contractor.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.