Wind power the false hope

Just watched a documentary about wind power called Windfall then I did some reading and found this. Seems wind power is a worst option than Solar.

I guess we should just go back to the old days before electricity and modern conveniences.

http://www.energytribune.com/5920/wi...he-truth-blows

Classical, I think that's an example of incentives getting out of hand, causing prescriptive imbalance. We understand why people oversize furnaces and the often collosal failure resulting, similar issues exist for windmills. Smaller mills don't have the same impact. Some places turbines are simply too big for the application, but incentive corrupted good design.

Programs like Windfall are great in context of balancing against the "wind will solve all problems" view, but taken by itself without counterbalance it's a very narrow and inaccurate UNBALANCED perspective.

If it proposes a position you are predisposed to I imagine you'll grab it like a pit bull with a steak bone. But i find trying to understand an issue means being open to understanding all sides. typically there are situational "rights" and "wrongs" about any side of an issue which means no universal right or wrong. Often it comes down to poor design, poor fit. bad design doesn't make the technology a failure.

Look at Europe, wind is a great success.

Ignorance is an impediment at all levels. It's a very complex issue, we need to catch ourselves if looking for simple answers. Concluding this technology is perfectly good, or catastrophically bad is not ignorance, it's something else all together.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.