Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can anyone stop this?

I was doing a job today for a landlord that I do some work for. The house wasn't in the best area but it was a decent house with five bedrooms and it even had an in ground pool. He was telling me that he rents it through section eight. The rent is $2050 a month. The government(me and you)pay $2030 and the tenant pays $20. I said does the tenant work. He said no. She has nine kids. In addition to the basically free rent she also collects social security and gets food stamps. He said she receives about sixty thousand a year from the government(me and you). Will anyone stop this lunacy or are we just going to go broke?

Any attempt by common sense to intercede and force that broodmare and many like her to make prudent decisions will be met with cries of racism, elitism, war on the poor, or caterwauling about the poor, poor, pitiful children. The welfare state is here to stay until the kettle is empty, then the poor will riot for what society can no longer give them.

If someone was running for office on the premise of "fixing" stuff like that, I'll bet a lot more people would show up to vote, only it would be for the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    If someone was running for office on the premise of "fixing" stuff like that, I'll bet a lot more people would show up to vote, only it would be for the other guy.
    MeThinks you hit the nail here.... I have no idea why; however the majority will vote FOR welfare payments to brood mares while they tighten their own belts and do without. It literally makes NO sense whatsoever. And folks complain when I post comments saying who votes should be limited.

What ever happened to common sense.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    Any attempt by common sense to intercede and force that broodmare and many like her to make prudent decisions will be met with cries of racism, elitism, war on the poor, or caterwauling about the poor, poor, pitiful children. The welfare state is here to stay until the kettle is empty, then the poor will riot for what society can no longer give them.
    I just quoted this so that people could read it twice.

I could not have said it any better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    A person like that would never make it in politics.

Listening closely to the twin empty suits running for POTUS, I've re-affirmed my belief that there isn't a dime's difference between the two.

Someone coming along as saying "Hey, folks, guess what. Government can't AFFORD your lazy butts anymore. So, here's the deal. Get a job or starve." would be run out of town on the fastest train they can find.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    MeThinks you hit the nail here.... I have no idea why; however the majority will vote FOR welfare payments to brood mares while they tighten their own belts and do without. It literally makes NO sense whatsoever. And folks complain when I post comments saying who votes should be limited.

What ever happened to common sense.
    If you do not contribute to government, you cannot vote.

If you cannot pass a basic civic knowledge test, you cannot vote.

What's the big deal?

I was just saying to my wife tonight after watching a political ad that none of the candidates for POTUS has said anything about helping those in poverty. It's been all about helping the middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    If you do not contribute to government, you cannot vote.

If you cannot pass a basic civic knowledge test, you cannot vote.

What's the big deal?
    We just had a thread on this and all I got was flack for being a hypocrite wanting more govt regulations.

Universal suffrage is a horrid concept. It's bad enough that people that exist their entire lives on the dole vote themselves better benefits at the cost of the productive members of society. Now we cannot even prevent non-citizens from voting themselves benefits without being branded bigots.

A system of government like we have is doomed to fail unless greed and misplaced compassion are removed from the equation. Face it, we don't have a society of Madisons, Franklins, and Washingtons. Patrick Henry said "Give me liberty or give me death," but now you're more likely to hear "give me birth control and a cell phone."

I remember a thread a while back... about who should vote.

A specific liberal at ARP was VERY vocal (typing lots of posts) about how their RIGHT to vote was their god given property so to say. This same liberal, in another thread said something to the effect their crowd and their man (IMO a racial reference) was not gonna be beat out by a bunch of _________ (fill in the blank). With someone voting with an attitude like that... is it any wonder the country is the mess it is in?

I still believe the founding fathers had it right: Only land-owners vote. The thinking behind this was: Someone had to become financially successful enough to buy their own place. In the process of doing so; that person learned enough about business and economics to make a wise and rational decision... That someone also had a work ethic as opposed to a govt dole attitude.

Ya know... those founding fathers are pretty smart when one takes the time to study what they had in mind.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I remember a thread a while back... about who should vote.

A specific liberal at ARP was VERY vocal (typing lots of posts) about how their RIGHT to vote was their god given property so to say. This same liberal, in another thread said something to the effect their crowd and their man (IMO a racial reference) was not gonna be beat out by a bunch of _________ (fill in the blank). With someone voting with an attitude like that... is it any wonder the country is the mess it is in?

I still believe the founding fathers had it right: Only land-owners vote. The thinking behind this was: Someone had to become financially successful enough to buy their own place. In the process of doing so; that person learned enough about business and economics to make a wise and rational decision... That someone also had a work ethic as opposed to a govt dole attitude.

Ya know... those founding fathers are pretty smart when one takes the time to study what they had in mind.
    See, the only real problem I have with owning land being required to vote is that it is much harder to obtain land in this day and age. In those days you go out and just claim a peice of land by improving on it, aka the homesteading principle. If owning land was the sole requirement for voting you would see wholesale land grabs by the wealthy and emeinent domain, which is used in ways that where not thought of in our founders day, would also be abused to control voting. AKA well your not going to vote for me Im going to build a statue where your house was.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    See, the only real problem I have with owning land being required to vote is that it is much harder to obtain land in this day and age. In those days you go out and just claim a peice of land by improving on it, aka the homesteading principle. If owning land was the sole requirement for voting you would see wholesale land grabs by the wealthy and emeinent domain, which is used in ways that where not thought of in our founders day, would also be abused to control voting. AKA well your not going to vote for me Im going to build a statue where your house was.
    Home owner plus business owner with a minimum avg of 100 employees over the last 5 years, college educated with at least a business degree.... 12 years military service....... these would be my ideal requirements.

If we are going to deny people the right to vote.....might as well exclude everyone that has just slid by all their life and not really accomplished much more than surviving.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    I was just saying to my wife tonight after watching a political ad that none of the candidates for POTUS has said anything about helping those in poverty. It's been all about helping the middle class.
    Po folks dont normally vote...... and that means they have nothing to offer a political candidate.... so why cater to them.

Its the middle class that does votes and thats why everything is geared towards them. As far as promises go...... cause in reality politicians look at the middle class and only see a pool of money from which to fund the government with.

Cutting spending is the key...... but the reality is that it is never going to happen...... they cut some spending here and only use that money somewhere else...
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast