Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    Iacocca saved Chrysler and, thereby, jobs. He's much revered by employees and businessmen alike.

Now as to all the other liberal views expressed here, your all's opinions sound strangely similar to the views expressed by your counterparts in "Atlas Shrugged".

Enough said.
    Well I have never heard of it much less read it but will google it to get some perspective.

As far as Iacocca endorsing Mitty.

I can't see it making any real relevance one way or the other.
    Last edited by mcjo tech; 10-20-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Iaccoca borrowed (had a loan) from the government also. Mitt may mention of it, but it could back fire on him?
    Always here

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    Iaccoca borrowed (had a loan) from the government also. Mitt may mention of it, but it could back fire on him?
    Thats right.

I had forgotten about that.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Well I have never heard of it much less read it but will google it to get some perspective.

As far as Iacocca endorsing Mitty.

I can't see it making any real relevance one way or the other.
    Agreed. I can't see how the Iacocca endorsement is gonna help. But I don't see it harming his campaign either.
    WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Must liberals have not read Atlas Shrugged and most conservatives misunderstand the book. I really like when religious people talk about it though.
    Really?

I'm not saying what the point of the book is, I'm just saying most of the complaints libs on this forum have about big businesses and their owners is oddly similar to what I've read in that book.

Also, I'm religious but I'm under no impression that "Atlas Shrugged" or its author, Ayn Rand, is/was religious. If anything I'll bet Rand was at least agnostic.
    WHY?

Agreed. I can't see how the Iacocca endorsement is gonna help. But I don't see it harming his campaign either.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Thats right.

I had forgotten about that.
    But Iacocca was also the guy that got the ball rolling on the infamous "K" cars and the revolutionary minivan at the time which actually saved Chrysler.

He also paid back the Government every dime he borrowed.

Now, I'm not sayin I agree w/Washington bailing anyone out, if anything they should've let Chrysler go bankrupt this time round. Because obviously no one (or not enough people) want their cars.
    WHY?

But Iacocca was also the guy that got the ball rolling on the infamous "K" cars and the revolutionary minivan at the time which actually saved Chrysler.

He also paid back the Government every dime he borrowed.

Now, I'm not sayin I agree w/Washington bailing anyone out, if anything they should've let Chrysler go bankrupt this time round.

Because obviously no one (or not enough people) want their cars.
    I don't have any major contention with your above post.

Sometimes we need to let companies fail so stronger more adapt ones can take their place.

Yeah, I agree
    WHY?

If they would have went bankrupt...what do you think would have happened? Why would that be a good thing?
    Always here

If they would have went bankrupt...what do you think would have happened? Why would that be a good thing?
    I am not advocating letting the entire automobile industry fail and I think we did the right thing this time around.

But in general it should not be the role of government to get involved in the private sector business unless it is absolutely necessary for the health of the country and its people.

Hope that clarifies my position.

Going to the Arizona vs Washinton game tonight.

Have a good one guys.

Businesses going bankrupt is never a good thing per se, but I like government bailouts even less. I mean, is someone gonna bail my business out if we're struggling? The answer is no, because to the Government we're too small and insignificant for them to care about us.

And, besides, Chrysler keeps struggling because they can't seem to make a product everyone likes.
    WHY?

And used it to make Chrysler profitable so they could pay it back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast