For all our liberal freinds.

A good watch and it breaks down just why its impossible to balance the budget. Of course it does not point out that alot of the entitlement programs have had people paying into them for decades and thus it would be theft to deny them what they paid into these programs but a good watch with good info.

So why do you think liberals do not know this and conservatives do? You know that you could raise the government income level by allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire, that would help.

But being considered one of the liberals here it seems funny that I have been saying that you should balance the budget by cutting spending, yes the entitlement programs also, but also to increase government revenues. Heck we did it. We were in as bad a shape as you are, we chopped 10% of of every departments budget and raised more in tax to pay down the debt. Then the next year we cut another 10%, and again the next year.

Social spending was cut, the government told us 'Sorry past governments sold you a line, this is the new reality now.' and all kinds of benefits that we were used to were cut. Of course the most pain was felt by those in the lower income spectrum as they rely on the government more to help them out, but those that were doing well also had to chip in by paying more tax. No one was happy but at least the pain was spread across all the segments of society.

And that is not what you guys want to do. The rich want the poor to feel the pain and the poor want the rich to feel the pain. Until you learn to share it all around you will not take care of the problem and you will do nothing until you hit the wall. Mind you, we did not take care of our problem until our nose got right up against it, guess you guys will do the same.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    So why do you think liberals do not know this and conservatives do? You know that you could raise the government income level by allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire, that would help.

But being considered one of the liberals here it seems funny that I have been saying that you should balance the budget by cutting spending, yes the entitlement programs also, but also to increase government revenues. Heck we did it. We were in as bad a shape as you are, we chopped 10% of of every departments budget and raised more in tax to pay down the debt. Then the next year we cut another 10%, and again the next year.

Social spending was cut, the government told us 'Sorry past governments sold you a line, this is the new reality now.' and all kinds of benefits that we were used to were cut. Of course the most pain was felt by those in the lower income spectrum as they rely on the government more to help them out, but those that were doing well also had to chip in by paying more tax. No one was happy but at least the pain was spread across all the segments of society.

And that is not what you guys want to do. The rich want the poor to feel the pain and the poor want the rich to feel the pain. Until you learn to share it all around you will not take care of the problem and you will do nothing until you hit the wall. Mind you, we did not take care of our problem until our nose got right up against it, guess you guys will do the same.
    The math shows that allowing the tax cuts to expire would come no where near getting us close to the needed to cover the difference in the deficit. Don't get me wrong, cuts need to be made everywhere. All aspects of government are filled with corruption and waste. This is includes military and other discretionary spending.

Also allowing the tax cuts to expire are going to hurt the middle and lower income more then rich people. Coming from someone that makes less then thirty thousand a year, I actually noticed the 20 dollars a week that I saved when they where enacted and I will notice when they expire. This is not rich vs poor this thing.

Now heres the thing, I don't consider you liberal based off of what I have seen you post. You for the most part don't seem to play the us vs them that is conservitive vs liberal.

I probably titled this thread wrong in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post

The climate here back in the 90s was way different than down there now.
    It's a different animal in the US printer.
    We don't have as cut and dried divides between so called liberals and conservatives in our great country. Not to mention our legislative process in entirely different and our country isn't a corporate oligarchy like theirs.
    But i think you're right on one thing, they'll have to hit the wall before anything changes!

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    The climate here back in the 90s was way different than down there now.
    It's a different animal in the US printer.
    We don't have as cut and dried divides between so called liberals and conservatives in our great country. Not to mention our legislative process in entirely different and our country isn't a corporate oligarchy like theirs.
    But i think you're right on one thing, they'll have to hit the wall before anything changes!

Very true.

We have this thing they like to call privatization down here. To people that love free markets this sounds great. Its a great word we are going to turn government functions over to the free market with less government involvement. That's what people think when they here this word. This is not what happens in privatization. what really happens is government pays, and regulates a corporation to do this job. It most instances the corporations is payed more money then it would have cost the government to do itself, increasing the deficit instead of shrinking it. This is what happened through out the Bush, and Obama administration with both sides cheer leading it on while their "side" was in power.

In the USA there is no real divide between liberal and conservative politicians. They are just labels used to keep their voting base at war with each other so that they can increase their own power.

I apopoligize for using one of the labels in titling this thread and not making it clear that I think spending needs to be cut everywhere, with privatization being the first thing that needs to go.

A video was posted in another thread of 2 white guys rapping about the economy and govt. One of the lines struck me. Paraphrasing "A window has to be broken for a window repairman to fix it."
    No one wants the window to break. And if it is no one wants to fix it.
    Everyone is too busy arguing how the window was broken.
    The economy/govt is the broken window.
    Some say its their fault the window broke and these people need to fix it. Some say the window isn't broken and I'm not going to deal with it.
    And some say the window was broken before we got here so its their fault and they(fill in the blank) need to be responsible for fixing it.
    Basically it all comes down to a finger pointing game.
    Heck I'm starting to agree with Elf and printer here.
    We need the window to break and we all are going to have to fix it.