Thread: Here we go!

Here we go!

Hi, Mark here... Yes, I'm new to this forum and thought I ought to get on board so I can learn from all of you out there. I've been in the HVAC business for about 33 years now, I've had my share of frozen fingers, fosgene whiffs, oil sprays, cuts and scrapes so I feel somewhat familiar with the industry. For the last 23 years I've been at the same Industrial facility where there is a ton of variety when it comes to hvac. But now I find myself in a new situation where I feel like a rookie all over again. I've taken up a part time, night job where I teach at a local college to guys who want to get into the business. So I find myself studying even more so than before so I can answer all questions. Thus, I decided to get on board here so I can ask the "cream of the crop". So be patient with me while I try to get familiar with this site and don't laugh too hard when I put my foot in my mouth from time to time. Thanks! I certainly welcome any and all suggestions when it comes to teaching new students of HVAC/R
    Mark

HURRY and get that post count up so you can get behind the curtain

there are several instructors on board here.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

So, how many posts do I need to post to get to the next level? Thanks Dandyme

it's either 15 or 25, then apply and wait;

but wtf do I know

the guidelines are somewhere on the home page; me thinks

just poke around the wall (s) & in general forums or arp and you'll be there in no time.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

I believed I may have "bent" the rules? Do I stay on this "new members" site until I've posted the # of posts that qualify to go to other forums?
    I'm afraid I'm computer challenged as I can't seem to click on the "new member rules" so I can read them. I'll try again.
    HELP!!!!
    thanks

Thanks for the input.
    Still trying to figure out the rules and how to get around this site.
    Happy I found it and anxious to get some good ideas from others.
    Mark

15 post to apply for Pro membership. Gives you access to all of the Pro forums, except Business and marketing. Need 30 post to apply for access to B&M, plus must be either an owner or in upper management.

In order to be allowed to post responses in the AOP forums. You must also apply for your *.

This forum is for introductions. Not for questions about the trade or equipment.

You might want to check out the Tech to tech forums. We have both a residential and a Commercial forum for Tech to Tech.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispla...at-Residential
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispla...hat-Commercial

Have fun.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?