Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by larobj63 View Post
    Nice looking work!

I don't see the point to a boiler buddy with a mod/con boiler but that's me. Seems like a really expensive way to decouple primary/secondary loops. Why not just do closely spaced tee's and a spirovent in one of the loops? Cast iron non-condensing non-modulating boiler is a different story, short cycling is much more of a concern ...
    It's complicated, put it this way my boss over kills everything, my guess is it won't modulate down far enuf for the smallest zone. The one thing I like about it is when I add antifreeze all I har to do is fill the buffer tank with 100% and I don't have to purge any air out if the loops which in most cases is a pain when you have antifreeze. The more you tell him one thing the more he does the other so questioning him is useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    It's complicated, put it this way my boss over kills everything, my guess is it won't modulate down far enuf for the smallest zone. The one thing I like about it is when I add antifreeze all I har to do is fill the buffer tank with 100% and I don't have to purge any air out if the loops which in most cases is a pain when you have antifreeze. The more you tell him one thing the more he does the other so questioning him is useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey, it's his money I guess! Could be a nice mark-up waiting to happen on a warehouse full of boiler buddies for all I know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12