Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 123

Thread: Work boots!

  1. #79
    Hands down to "BLUNSTONE" slip on's with arch support insoles. Quite frankly I've tried almost everything in the market for years and after these boots, I'll never buy anything else again. They're not only totally comfortable shoes, they look good too...

  2. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the Boondocks near Marion, IN
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech2404 View Post
    Hands down to "BLUNSTONE" slip on's with arch support insoles. Quite frankly I've tried almost everything in the market for years and after these boots, I'll never buy anything else again. They're not only totally comfortable shoes, they look good too...
    Red Wings have been my choice recently. Wolverine used to be, but their quality and craftsmanship went down the tubes over the past few years.

  3. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    2,211
    I need some new work boots and seriously only real need is water resistent/proof, no steel toe, light weight/not hot(im in TX long hot season with super hot roofs and attics),6" or lower, not so deep tracks due to mud tracking etc but wtill good grip, and can last a while..

    I was at NT the pother day and saw carolinas and wolverine mutishock/durashocks , both priced similar. the new multishock sure look like they fit the bill but will they last a season or two?

    whats your opinion with my needs in mind? I used to wear the basic wolverines from famous footwear but they would wear out in one summer but were comfortable and not expensive. I may just by 3 pair of cheap boots and change them out every 4 months and still less then some of these high end boots

  4. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    7,778
    Georgia boots, I wear the Wellington slip ons and I love them. Comfortable and don't have big treads that track mud.
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.andersonhvacservice.com

  5. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    2,211
    $140 for the keens really?$$$ wow! thats a lot of money for some work kicks.. they better last a really long time..i do like the 90 day no ? asked warranty gives me along summer to try before i am stuck with them..hmm

  6. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    $140 for the keens really?$$$ wow! thats a lot of money for some work kicks.. they better last a really long time..i do like the 90 day no ? asked warranty gives me along summer to try before i am stuck with them..hmm
    and one year warranty
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  7. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Summerville SC
    Posts
    117
    my main 2 preferences for boots are slip-on and slick tread..easy to wipe off if a customer insist that I don't need to take em off in the home.im usually wearing boot covers anyway but I have always liked Justin slip-ons. they are hell the first week because they are tight but once broken in they are the most comfortable boot ive owned. however they usually only last me about a year. I don't know if work extra hard or if its the 190 lbs wearing down on the soles haha. for Christmas I bought myself a very expensive pair of ariat slip on work boots that wear more comfortable than my justins when I tried them on.after a month the insoles were worn out. now after barely 3 months the insides of heals are ripped and a pain to take off. for almost 200 bucks I wouldn't recommend this boot unless you plan on only kicking them up on the dash of your service van and wasting your boss' money. Justin is the way to go imo. they are light comfortable and are a fairly decent looking boot if that matters at all.

  8. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by SCtech33 View Post
    my main 2 preferences for boots are slip-on and slick tread..easy to wipe off if a customer insist that I don't need to take em off in the home.im usually wearing boot covers anyway but I have always liked Justin slip-ons. they are hell the first week because they are tight but once broken in they are the most comfortable boot ive owned. however they usually only last me about a year. I don't know if work extra hard or if its the 190 lbs wearing down on the soles haha. for Christmas I bought myself a very expensive pair of ariat slip on work boots that wear more comfortable than my justins when I tried them on.after a month the insoles were worn out. now after barely 3 months the insides of heals are ripped and a pain to take off. for almost 200 bucks I wouldn't recommend this boot unless you plan on only kicking them up on the dash of your service van and wasting your boss' money. Justin is the way to go imo. they are light comfortable and are a fairly decent looking boot if that matters at all.
    crud don't stick to keen boots

    seriously
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  9. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    2,211
    well i just ;picked up a pair of wolverine raider multi shocks and for 129 they better be good, only decent thing is the 30 day mbg but i hardly think ill know in 30 days but more like 6 months..

    they look good, seem comfortable, and appear durable but only time will tell..

    anybody have these and treat them in some way IE what kind of polish, sealer, or waterproofing have you done?

    i may add some dr scholls inserts for added comfort but that maybe cheating but who cares..

    Name:  IMAG0879.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  30.5 KB

  10. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    2,211
    Quote Originally Posted by SCtech33 View Post
    my main 2 preferences for boots are slip-on and slick tread..easy to wipe off if a customer insist that I don't need to take em off in the home.im usually wearing boot covers anyway but I have always liked Justin slip-ons. they are hell the first week because they are tight but once broken in they are the most comfortable boot ive owned. however they usually only last me about a year. I don't know if work extra hard or if its the 190 lbs wearing down on the soles haha. for Christmas I bought myself a very expensive pair of ariat slip on work boots that wear more comfortable than my justins when I tried them on.after a month the insoles were worn out. now after barely 3 months the insides of heals are ripped and a pain to take off. for almost 200 bucks I wouldn't recommend this boot unless you plan on only kicking them up on the dash of your service van and wasting your boss' money. Justin is the way to go imo. they are light comfortable and are a fairly decent looking boot if that matters at all.
    I use tiday traxx over the shoe hard covers , work great for keeping floor clean and customers think they are cool..

  11. #89
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central NJ Area
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    and one year warranty

    I've been wear Keen Targhee 2 boots for the last 4 years. They now make the same looking targhee style boots but with steel soles in their industrial series for the past few years now. The best part about Keen is that once the sole begins to wear down, it changes color, your take a picture and send that to them with a pdf of the reciept and they will give you a code to buy a new pair on their company website!! I get a new pair every year with out a hassle what so ever!! I've been a keen customer for over 8 years now. First use was for outdoor hiking footwear then i just transitioned into using their products for work because of how comfortable they are. I've been preaching about them for years now!!! I'm so glad others are using them! They are a good company and they take care of their customers which is another reason why i really promote them. I actually just got a bunch of discounted Keens on Sierra Trading post if anyone had every used that site. I suggest everyone check sierrra trading post out. They sell outdoor gear that's great for out line of work!!
    Last edited by Nytefog; 04-29-2013 at 10:07 PM.

  12. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    DFW (Texas)
    Posts
    186
    My brother wears Kenetrek boots. Hardscrabble Hiking are the name of his pair. At almost $400 a pair, they're easily the most expensive boots I've seen. That said, he's been wearing them for three years working year-round heavy commercial construction.

  13. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    2,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I've been wear Keen Targhee 2 boots for the last 4 years. They now make the same looking targhee style boots but with steel soles in their industrial series for the past few years now. The best part about Keen is that once the sole begins to wear down, it changes color, your take a picture and send that to them with a pdf of the reciept and they will give you a code to buy a new pair on their company website!! I get a new pair every year with out a hassle what so ever!! I've been a keen customer for over 8 years now. First use was for outdoor hiking footwear then i just transitioned into using their products for work because of how comfortable they are. I've been preaching about them for years now!!! I'm so glad others are using them! They are a good company and they take care of their customers which is another reason why i really promote them. I actually just got a bunch of discounted Keens on Sierra Trading post if anyone had every used that site. I suggest everyone check sierrra trading post out. They sell outdoor gear that's great for out line of work!!
    I considered those and may still as they sound great but i hate buying things i cant first touch , feel, and try on.. I got the wolverines at Northern tool but i have 30 days to bring them back so who knows..

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event