+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Work boots!

Post Likes
    I have wolverines that I like. Only bad thing is I only got about 7 months out of them and I'm already wearing thru the soles and there not very waterproof anymore. I'll make them last trough the summer and buy new ones for fall/winter. I've thought about red wings but I'm having a hard time coming to terms with spending 250 on boots. I would need 2 good years to make it worth it.

Post Likes
    Did you get the ones with the vibram soles? Most comfortable boot I've worn and seem to be holding up well after 10 months.

Post Likes
    I'm not sure which soles I didn't really pay attention. I was looking for waterproof and insulated.

Post Likes
    The soles will say vibram on the side as well as the bottom of the boot. Check my link, they seem to hold up well to water although never been through anything worse than a puddle. It did get some bad reviews on the water resistance but I haven't had any problem. Great boot IMHO

Post Likes
    Nike and Under armor boots they are black and very light and comfortable plus bates snake boots for this time of the year, when it gets rainy I break out the ll beans. I try to change footwear for the weather and conditions.
    It's Hammer Time!

Post Likes
    5.11 ATAC STORM 8" (lace up with side zip)

These make a great summer boot. Light weight. Waterproof.

Most comfortable boots I've owned.

Post Likes
    I wear Sketcher tennis shoes. Last about 8 months to a year.

Post Likes
    Here's what my KEEN's look like after 10 months of use.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376365029.566521.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  45.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376365039.550403.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  42.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376365057.549687.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  44.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376365074.633699.jpg
Size:  40.3 KB

Those are the Detroit Mid, needless to say I've contacted KEEN and the ball is in their court.
    Currently looking into some new footwear for work. God I HATE shopping for work shoes!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stay gold jonny View Post
    Here's what my KEEN's look like after 10 months of use.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376365029.566521.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  45.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376365039.550403.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  42.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376365057.549687.jpg
Size:  44.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376365074.633699.jpg
Size:  40.3 KB

Those are the Detroit Mid, needless to say I've contacted KEEN and the ball is in their court.
    Currently looking into some new footwear for work. God I HATE shopping for work shoes!
    That's odd. My Kleen soles seam to hold up well for 1.5 years usually.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    That's odd. My Kleen soles seam to hold up well for 1.5 years usually.
    It's not just the soles, the side of the shoes blew out you can see it in the first 2 pics.

Post Likes
    My Keen boots are a year and a half old and just are starting to wear like that on the bottom. And they're exposed to all kinds of chemicals due to the work environment I am in everyday. So many i cannot list them all, but the major one being sodium hypocholrite. Or in other words, the real bleach lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    My Keen boots are a year and a half old and just are starting to wear like that on the bottom. And they're exposed to all kinds of chemicals due to the work environment I am in everyday. So many i cannot list them all, but the major one being sodium hypocholrite. Or in other words, the real bleach lol
    I know that I'm pretty rough on shoes, but those Keens didn't see any chemicals other than water.
    Keen told me to fill out the warranty claim form so they can process the warranty.
    I do like their shoes and will probably get another pair or 2 in the future.

Post Likes
    I only expect a year out of a pair of boots, no matter what I paid for them the ear prior. If they last me more than a year.... then I had a light year
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    First off I hate buying boots. Sometimes it could be a half day affair. Just ask my wife. I look for steel toe and waterproof. Insulated in winter. I could never buy a pair of boots on line because I am so picky on how they fit. When I buy boots I usually walk around store for a half hour to make sure they do not hurt. Found a pair of Keens at Dicks Sporting Goods and walk for a while. Bought them on the recommendation from this site. First pair I ever seen. My first day wearing them my feet hurt so bad I had to go bootless in work. They were waterproof so the tongue joint was rubbing into my ankle and caused bruises on both feet. I had to put insulation in both boots to stop it. Still have and wear them. Not sure they will be my next purchase.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    I posted in this thread back in February that most of my younger guys were going to Keens and that they all liked them. After 7 months, most of them are complaining about the boots falling apart at the seams. I almost bought a pair this summer as it was time to replace my Red Wing 608's, but when I got to the store, I decided to just go with another pair of Red Wings. Now I am glad. I have a summer pair of 608 uninsulated and a winter pair of 1412 insulated. I usually get two years out of each pair, alternating buying a pair every other year.

They are expensive, but they last longer than anything else, they are made in the US, and they fit my feet. Glad I didn't decide to change.

Post Likes
    My Detroit mid still holding up strong.

Post Likes
    I'd still also recommend keen to anyone. Most comfortable reliable work shoe I've ever owned.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    I posted in this thread back in February that most of my younger guys were going to Keens and that they all liked them. After 7 months, most of them are complaining about the boots falling apart at the seams. I almost bought a pair this summer as it was time to replace my Red Wing 608's, but when I got to the store, I decided to just go with another pair of Red Wings. Now I am glad. I have a summer pair of 608 uninsulated and a winter pair of 1412 insulated. I usually get two years out of each pair, alternating buying a pair every other year.

They are expensive, but they last longer

than anything else, they are made in the US, and they fit my feet. Glad I didn't decide to change.

Keens have a one year warranty. I had an issue with a pair about a year ago(which was my fault actually) and brought them to the store. They took them back and handed me a new pair on the spot.

Tell th to go to the store and see what they can do for them. They may be pleasantly surprised.

Post Likes
    More kudos for keen, I ordered a new pair of Milwaukee WP boots for winter on Saturday and ordered 2 day shipping. I didn't receive any shipping confirmation as of last night after I called Monday and Tuesday also. Wasn't a big deal but I emailed them asking if my boots were back order or if there was another issue. I received an email this morning saying my boots shipped and they were going to comp me my 180 dollar pair of boots and my shipping charges!

That is a good company! I would have gladly still paid for my boots but they offered just for my inconvenience!

Post Likes
    This is for the guys doing restaurant work, has anyone found a pair that are really slip resistant ?
    Ive had

Danner hotweather boots
    Bates tactical
    Worx (were the most resistant but lasted 6 months)

I like 8 inch boots, no steel toe because

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in