+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Work boots!

Post Likes
    I need some new work boots and seriously only real need is water resistent/proof, no steel toe, light weight/not hot(im in TX long hot season with super hot roofs and attics),6" or lower, not so deep tracks due to mud tracking etc but wtill good grip, and can last a while..

I was at NT the pother day and saw carolinas and wolverine mutishock/durashocks , both priced similar. the new multishock sure look like they fit the bill but will they last a season or two?

whats your opinion with my needs in mind? I used to wear the basic wolverines from famous footwear but they would wear out in one summer but were comfortable and not expensive. I may just by 3 pair of cheap boots and change them out every 4 months and still less then some of these high end boots

Post Likes
    Georgia boots, I wear the Wellington slip ons and I love them. Comfortable and don't have big treads that track mud.
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.heatingandcoolingservicesinc.com

Post Likes
    $140 for the keens really?$$$ wow! thats a lot of money for some work kicks.. they better last a really long time..i do like the 90 day no ? asked warranty gives me along summer to try before i am stuck with them..hmm

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    $140 for the keens really?$$$ wow! thats a lot of money for some work kicks.. they better last a really long time..i do like the 90 day no ? asked warranty gives me along summer to try before i am stuck with them..hmm
    and one year warranty
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    my main 2 preferences for boots are slip-on and slick tread..easy to wipe off if a customer insist that I don't need to take em off in the home.im usually wearing boot covers anyway but I have always liked Justin slip-ons. they are hell the first week because they are tight but once broken in they are the most comfortable boot ive owned. however they usually only last me about a year. I don't know if work extra hard or if its the 190 lbs wearing down on the soles haha. for Christmas I bought myself a very expensive pair of ariat slip on work boots that wear more comfortable than my justins when I tried them on.after a month the insoles were worn out. now after barely 3 months the insides of heals are ripped and a pain to take off. for almost 200 bucks I wouldn't recommend this boot unless you plan on only kicking them up on the dash of your service van and wasting your boss' money. Justin is the way to go imo. they are light comfortable and are a fairly decent looking boot if that matters at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SCtech33 View Post
    my main 2 preferences for boots are slip-on and slick tread..easy to wipe off if a customer insist that I don't need to take em off in the home.im usually wearing boot covers anyway but I have always liked Justin slip-ons. they are hell the first week because they are tight but once broken in they are the most comfortable boot ive owned. however they usually only last me about a year. I don't know if work extra hard or if its the 190 lbs wearing down on the soles haha. for Christmas I bought myself a very expensive pair of ariat slip on work boots that wear more comfortable than my justins when I tried them on.after a month the insoles were worn out. now after barely 3 months the insides of heals are ripped and a pain to take off. for almost 200 bucks I wouldn't recommend this boot unless you plan on only kicking them up on the dash of your service van and wasting your boss' money. Justin is the way to go imo. they are light comfortable and are a fairly decent looking boot if that matters at all.
    crud don't stick to keen boots

seriously
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    well i just ;picked up a pair of wolverine raider multi shocks and for 129 they better be good, only decent thing is the 30 day mbg but i hardly think ill know in 30 days but more like 6 months..

they look good, seem comfortable, and appear durable but only time will tell..

anybody have these and treat them in some way IE what kind of polish, sealer, or waterproofing have you done?

i may add some dr scholls inserts for added comfort but that maybe cheating but who cares..

Name:  IMAG0879.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  30.5 KB

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SCtech33 View Post
    I use tiday traxx over the shoe hard covers , work great for keeping floor clean and customers think they are cool..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    and one year warranty

I've been wear Keen Targhee 2 boots for the last 4 years. They now make the same looking targhee style boots but with steel soles in their industrial series for the past few years now. The best part about Keen is that once the sole begins to wear down, it changes color, your take a picture and send that to them with a pdf of the reciept and they will give you a code to buy a new pair on their company website!! I get a new pair every year with out a hassle what so ever!! I've been a keen customer for over 8 years now. First use was for outdoor hiking footwear then i just transitioned into using their products for work because of how comfortable they are. I've been preaching about them for years now!!! I'm so glad others are using them! They are a good company and they take care of their customers which is another reason why i really promote them. I actually just got a bunch of discounted Keens on Sierra Trading post if anyone had every used that site. I suggest everyone check sierrra trading post out. They sell outdoor gear that's great for out line of work!!
    Last edited by Nytefog; 04-29-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Post Likes
    My brother wears Kenetrek boots. Hardscrabble Hiking are the name of his pair. At almost $400 a pair, they're easily the most expensive boots I've seen. That said, he's been wearing them for three years working year-round heavy commercial construction.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I've been wear Keen Targhee 2 boots for the last 4 years. They now make the same looking targhee style boots but with steel soles in their industrial series for the past few years now. The best part about Keen is that once the sole begins to wear down, it changes color, your take a picture and send that to them with a pdf of the reciept and they will give you a code to buy a new pair on their company website!! I get a new pair every year with out a hassle what so ever!! I've been a keen customer for over 8 years now. First use was for outdoor hiking footwear then i just transitioned into using their products for work because of how comfortable they are. I've been preaching about them for years now!!! I'm so glad others are using them! They are a good company and they take care of their customers which is another reason why i really promote them. I actually just got a bunch of discounted Keens on Sierra Trading post if anyone had every used that site. I suggest everyone check sierrra trading post out. They sell outdoor gear that's great for out line of work!!
    I considered those and may still as they sound great but i hate buying things i cant first touch , feel, and try on.. I got the wolverines at Northern tool but i have 30 days to bring them back so who knows..

Post Likes
    They're expensive, but White's Boots out of Spokane, WA makes a great boot. I had Redwings for years and was tired of always having to resole them every year. They will take a while to get to you, but they fit great out of the box and will take some time to break-in.

Post Likes
    Double H. Made in USA.

CT

Post Likes
    I just got my Blundstone 990's and I got to say I am verrry pleased. For one the price is right and for another, I've suffered through so many pair of Chinese boots, I had forgotten what a comfortable pair of boots felt like. By the end of the first day wearing them for 11 hours they felt even better. The best part I had them in a week.

https://www.everythingaustralian.com.au/default.asp

Post Likes
    I've tried all the major high end boots. I tried Keen 4 years ago and they are probably the only boots I will ever buy again. I can't imagine a better set of boots.

These are what I"m using.
    http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/pr.../slate%20black

Sneaker comfy, waterproof, best support and comfort I have found so far. And they last me about 1.5 years which is unheard of for me.
    [B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post
    I've tried all the major high end boots. I tried Keen 4 years ago and they are probably the only boots I will ever buy again. I can't imagine a better set of boots.

These are what I"m using.
    http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/pr.../slate%20black

Sneaker comfy, waterproof, best support and comfort I have found so far. And they last me about 1.5 years which is unheard of for me.
    I've been reppin' Keen on here for a while now and Arc'teryx outerwear.

I;ve been wearing keen for casual shoes for many years and started wearing them for work then they finally came out with steel toe version of the low cut boot/shoes which I now rock unless I get the targhee 2 on sale, which is basically the same without the steel toe.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/pr...al/flint%20low

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I've been reppin' Keen on here for a while now and Arc'teryx outerwear.

I;ve been wearing keen for casual shoes for many years and started wearing them for work then they finally came out with steel toe version of the low cut boot/shoes which I now rock unless I get the targhee 2 on sale, which is basically the same without the steel toe.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/pr...al/flint%20low
    I just wish I could force guys I work with to try them. I tell them how good they are, and the next time I see them they've got a new set of Daners or Red Wings.

I think I will get a set of low tops. Thanks for the input. I'll keep my eyes pealed for a good deal on the Targhee 2's.
    [B][SIZE=2] CENTER]I no longer identify as a conspiracy theorist. You may now refer to me as “That guy that was always right”.

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    I rock a pair of wolverines with vibram soles insulated. No complaints, I like the non slip sole because I work mainly in restaurants, plus they don't track in mud or dirt. Here is a link http://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/Pr...t?dimensions=0

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I rock a pair of wolverines with vibram soles insulated. No complaints, I like the non slip sole because I work mainly in restaurants, plus they don't track in mud or dirt. Here is a link http://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/Pr...t?dimensions=0
    Wolverine does make a good boot. That is what we wore in the steele meel. I got some timberland sandals that lasted about 2 months with light use. IMO timberlands are for rappers not workers.

Post Likes
    I have worn Wolverine boots since I wasable to buy my own. Stryed to red wings twice...will never wear anything but wolverine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in