View Poll Results: Uniweld vs. Turbo Torch vs......

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uniweld

6 31.58%
  • Turbo Torch

11 57.89%
  • Other

2 10.53%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uniweld vs. Turbo Torch vs.....

Post Likes

Uniweld vs. Turbo Torch vs.....

I've had a Uniweld for about 8 years, and the tips are great, rosebuds, etc., but the handle valves and regulators suck.
    I've replaced the acet. reg. once already, and this thing just will not stay at 5 psi?! It has a mind of it's own!
    The handle valves are loose as hell, so when you're in tight spots, and just tap one of the valves, it turns into a cutting torch.
    Not good for TXV's.

I've used a TT on several occasions, and it seems like a Caddy compared to my Uniweld.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with Uniweld?

Post Likes
    I have the Victor portable set. The torch handle is a little heavier because of the flashback arresters but is a very good set.

Post Likes
    I have a company-provided Turbotorch by Victor oxy-acetylene set. The torch handle and regulators are kind of a pos.

The acetylene regulator will not maintain 5 either. It will fluctuate between 4 and 6, sometimes will throttle down to 2 on its own, and you have to crank it in more halfway through a braze.

The torch handles are tight, but as soon as you walk into a freezer, they instantly become looser than loose.

I have a personal set that's a Radnor by Victor oxy-acetylene set, about 5 or 6 years old. The torch handle is bigger and a lot nicer. The regulators also seem a little better.

Post Likes
    My uniweld does the same thing but I still like it.Haven't had to change regulators yet.

Post Likes
    I have the Uniweld oxy/acc kit and I haven't had many issues only had it for a year now. the handle knobs do get turned sometimes when bumping into stuff while brazing, but other than that I like it.

Post Likes
    You can not tighten the packing nut under the knob ? Makes the knob harder to turn

Post Likes
    Might try that and see if it helps,thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in