+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Work boots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Work boots!

I'm in the market for some new boots, I currently have Carolina steel toe loggers. 4 months later and the soles are practically worn flat. They have barely any arch support and I don't think that helps either.

Was thinking about some good Chippewa loggers they seem like a much better boot.

Any thoughts?

Post Likes
    I've had timber wolf slip on that wore with in three months. I wear red wing slip on now Irish setter and they are awesome.

Post Likes
    Bates, cheap and last long time and comfortable. At the same time I don't have to awnser to boss on footwear. Had a pair of red wings once worst boots I ever had. Catapiller are okay, basically had many different ones Bates is the best Iv'e had for a while. I am not a supertech however.

Post Likes
    Got the Chippewa loggers, the tread is kind of aggressive but any jobs we do where we have to traverse carpet we use soot socks.

Post Likes
    Red Wings, the older styles, the ones still made in the USA. I wear the style 953, 8" I can't wear them out. I have replacements in the closet for the past year. Old leather Red Wings form to your foot like a glove. Clean with saddle soap & soak leather oil to them 3x a year. Buy a little oversized and add Dr Scoll's inserts.

They make the 953 in steel tip too, I think maybe 1133? I never tried any of the new Red Wings made in China. I won't need to. The 953 with proper care will last you 5 years, and then have new soles put on to add another 5 years.

Post Likes
    Have had my red wing lineman/logger boots for a year and they are like new still. I would suggest going to a good red wing store and trying on everything you like. If its not comfortable the second you put it on choose something else. i have heard good things about justin boots too. Weso boots if you can afford them.

Post Likes
    Cofra #643. Light weight, insulated, composite toe & sole, gel insole.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jlanesey View Post
    I'm in the market for some new boots, I currently have Carolina steel toe loggers. 4 months later and the soles are practically worn flat. They have barely any arch support and I don't think that helps either.

Was thinking about some good Chippewa loggers they seem like a much better boot.

Any thoughts?
    Chippewa is a very good boot, I don't own the logger style but do have a couple different insulated ones... Just make sure you get one made in the USA because not all of there boots are made here.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    Chippewa is a very good boot, I don't own the logger style but do have a couple different insulated ones... Just make sure you get one made in the USA because not all of there boots are made here.
    +1

Chips are the best boot I have ever worn. I am on my second pair now (9" loggers) and they have lasted me 3yrs.

The last pair of Redwings barely made it a year, their quality has gone down hill.

Make sure you buy the "Made in the USA" version of any boot, most manufactures now have both a USA and China line, the difference is incredible.
    UA LU189

Post Likes
    I am currently wearing timberland pros and very happy with them.

Post Likes
    Love my redwings!! As a matter of fact I'm going to buy a new pair today! I have done absolutely nothing to them but abuse the heck out of them, tromping through mud, water,you name it and after 2 years its time for another.

Post Likes
    KEEN

the detroit mid is my winter boot, and the atlanta is my summer shoe
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    KEEN

the detroit mid is my winter boot, and the atlanta is my summer shoe
    A friend suggested I try Keen in the spring. I've had the Detroit Low for the summer and i've got the waterproof detroit mid for the winter. Loved them so far, really breathable, comfortable and amazingly lightweight for a steel toe

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneKeano View Post
    A friend suggested I try Keen in the spring. I've had the Detroit Low for the summer and i've got the waterproof detroit mid for the winter. Loved them so far, really breathable, comfortable and amazingly lightweight for a steel toe
    indeed. often times during the work day, i have to look down to make sure i went to work with my boots on, they're that comfortable and light, like a sneaker.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    I been wearing Rocky #6692 steel toes for the last 4 or 5 years. They have a smooth sole so I'm not tracking mud and gravel everywhere I go and a pair usually lasts about a year. They are a little over a C-note, but I don't mind since they last and are comfortable. I wear them 12 to 14 hours a day, seven days a week and have no complaints, except that they aren't made in Ohio anymore.

Post Likes
    Anybody wearing Thorogood boots?

I am thinking hard about buying some on Tuesday, got a smoking deal made available to me on the 8" plain toe...

My feet are junk, several broken bones over the years and some arthritis going on. I have been wearing Justin work boots for over a decade, but looking for a change because the sole on the new boot is too soft for my taste. I walk five or six miles a day, so comfort and support is paramount, I also weigh about 240# and am 6'6".

I will NOT buy a boot not made here... (U.S of A).

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes
    Yes and I love them. There also made in the USA.

Post Likes
    Just wondering if anybody has owned a pair of wesco boots. I know lineman wear then exclusively almost. They cost a fortune buy are handmade in California. They are custom made for you too. I have heard of them lasting 10 years but at 400 bucks a pair they better.

Post Likes
    I got the loggers with the chip-a-tex coating and the vibram soles. I love them even fresh they aren't hurting my feet like the Carolina's. They have little metal American flags on the bottom lace so I hope they were made in the us!! They weren't cheap but I got a deal with some coupons, 259 on sale for 239 with a 50 off purchase of 200 coupon and 2 10 dollar coupons at BOBs stores. Can't beat that out the door for 180.

Post Likes
    Double H. Made in USA.

CT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in