+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Work boots!

Post Likes
    Irish setter steel toe, gotta have the tuff toe put on for 25 bucks tho, well worth it to me

Post Likes
    KEEN

the detroit mid is my winter boot, and the atlanta is my summer shoe
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Anybody wearing Thorogood boots?

I am thinking hard about buying some on Tuesday, got a smoking deal made available to me on the 8" plain toe...

My feet are junk, several broken bones over the years and some arthritis going on. I have been wearing Justin work boots for over a decade, but looking for a change because the sole on the new boot is too soft for my taste. I walk five or six miles a day, so comfort and support is paramount, I also weigh about 240# and am 6'6".

I will NOT buy a boot not made here... (U.S of A).

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post

I am thinking hard about buying some on Tuesday, got a smoking deal made available to me on the 8" plain toe...

My feet are junk, several broken bones over the years and some arthritis going on. I have been wearing Justin work boots for over a decade, but looking for a change because the sole on the new boot is too soft for my taste. I walk five or six miles a day, so comfort and support is paramount, I also weigh about 240# and am 6'6".

GT
    Me and my buddy that rides to work are. I wear the American Heritage wedge and he has just the regular American Heritage work model. I suggest having them stretch them for you after you buy them also. I'm horribly hard on them and they have withstood everything I have done to them very well. Really like the wedge when on a ladder for a long time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post

GT
    I just ordered two pairs of Thorogood 804-4200. 6" moc steel toe from amazon. Free shipping and free/paid returns. I ordered the d and ee size to see how there widths run. Will return one pair. For the price of $140 they are hard to beat for made in america. These will be replacing a pair of usa matterhorn 1949s that have lasted for many years. I went to academy sports afew weeks ago shopping for boots and saw every boot I tried on was made in china. Walked right out the door! Lol

3pt - sent this from his DUMB-PHONE

Post Likes
    Love my Chippewa loggers. Heavy and expensive but my feet stay warm
    And dry and I never slip walking through snow or ice and mud.

Got a box of shubee slip covers for
    Carpeted customers houses.

Post Likes
    I'm on my 4th pair of Red Wings, and I'm not really pleased with the way the current pair is wearing. They're barely a few months old and they already look torn up. Almost all of them are made in China now, anyway.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    I'm on my 4th pair of Red Wings, and I'm not really pleased with the way the current pair is wearing. They're barely a few months old and they already look torn up. Almost all of them are made in China now, anyway.
    If I recall the work line is outsourced and the heritage line is us. Around +/- $50 increase
    Between lines.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    KEEN

the detroit mid is my winter boot, and the atlanta is my summer shoe
    A friend suggested I try Keen in the spring. I've had the Detroit Low for the summer and i've got the waterproof detroit mid for the winter. Loved them so far, really breathable, comfortable and amazingly lightweight for a steel toe

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneKeano View Post
    A friend suggested I try Keen in the spring. I've had the Detroit Low for the summer and i've got the waterproof detroit mid for the winter. Loved them so far, really breathable, comfortable and amazingly lightweight for a steel toe
    indeed. often times during the work day, i have to look down to make sure i went to work with my boots on, they're that comfortable and light, like a sneaker.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    I like Keen brand shoes and boots. There industrial series has steel toes.. They are the most comfortable kick i've ever worn. I have posted a link to them

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/wa...ustrial/16,658

Post Likes
    I like the carharts... But with any boot (had redwings, timberland, wolverines, etc) my complaint is the the insole / footbed lining gets all loose and starts peeling away. After that happens, any boot is UNCOMFORTABLE. What boot resists problems like this?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gpjazz1023 View Post
    I like the carharts... But with any boot (had redwings, timberland, wolverines, etc) my complaint is the the insole / footbed lining gets all loose and starts peeling away. After that happens, any boot is UNCOMFORTABLE. What boot resists problems like this?
    I am currently using timberland pros. The ones with the built in meta guard. I had carharts once but they were one of the most disappointing sets of boots I have had. I will buy the timberlands again because definitely. The insoles are in these pretty good and I think they made it past the year old point! That is a big achievement usually in 6-8 months my boots are trashed. Also since the timberlands have the built in metaguard my employer will chip in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gpjazz1023 View Post

Check out Keen! They have a 1 year warranty. I can almost always get a replacement pair at the end of each year from wearing the soles down. I just take a picture of the soles and email them the picture with a copy of the reciept and they give me a credit for a new pair. I haven't had any problem with the insoles and i'm pretty rough on my gear.

Post Likes
    BTW, Keen footwear has a 90 satisfaction gaurentee. If you don't dig them you can send them back as long as its with in 90 days.

Post Likes
    Finally made it in today to get me some new treads.

I bought the 8" plain toe Thorogood with the dual layered sole. Seem pretty stout. I also bought a pair of Chippewa Apache pull ons... These are just awesome. Clearing them out and figured I would give them a shot..

Let you know as I get some miles on them.

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes
    Redwings

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jlanesey View Post
    I'm in the market for some new boots, I currently have Carolina steel toe loggers. 4 months later and the soles are practically worn flat. They have barely any arch support and I don't think that helps either.

Was thinking about some good Chippewa loggers they seem like a much better boot.

Any thoughts?
    I have worn wolverine durashocks for about 10 years. I have converted guys that have worn redwings for 30plus years and they have said they will never go back.

Post Likes
    My new Thorogoods are the tits!

Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in