Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Work boots!

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Thinking about getting a pair of Keen boots. You guys say they don't track mud in. Do they have good tread? I don't want to be slipping on every wet or icy surface.

great tread chuck, i just got a pair of mid detroits. very comfortable and yes they have great gripsion ( if that is a real word)
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Yeah I actually can't believe how well they grip, good tread it is just spaced better. I still love my Detroit keen ESD. I wish I got the mid though, I had to wear my Chippewa loggers the other day in the snowstorm and my knees hurt for two days afterwords.

I have used red wings for 6 years just started wearing my second pair. They are steel toe electrical resistant water resistant slip resistant and very comfortable.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Thinking about getting a pair of Keen boots. You guys say they don't track mud in. Do they have good tread? I don't want to be slipping on every wet or icy surface.
    I have been wearing Red Wings for about 15 years now with good results, but a couple of my guys switched to Keens in the last two years (they are both sold at the boot store that we partner with for employee discounts.) The guys swear by them now. They say they are twice as comfortable as the Red Wings. I think that I may try a pair of them next month when I am due to replace my oldest pair of Wings.

I am looking at the 8" Portland, as that has been the one that my guys seem to like. I will let you know how they workout.

I've always work wolverines. Was going through two pair a yr. last round i bought some redwings hoping that they'd last longer esp since they were 189.00. They are comfy but sadly no more life than 6 mo out of them. The only boots i have ever been able to make last longer than 6-8 months were my doc martins got over a year out of them before they couldn't be worn comfortably any more

Work boots!

Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    I have been wearing Red Wings for about 15 years now with good results, but a couple of my guys switched to Keens in the last two years (they are both sold at the boot store that we partner with for employee discounts.) The guys swear by them now. They say they are twice as comfortable as the Red Wings. I think that I may try a pair of them next month when I am due to replace my oldest pair of Wings.

I am looking at the 8" Portland, as that has been the one that my guys seem to like. I will let you know how they workout.
    I just tried to buy the Portland but they didn't have my size looks like a nice boot.

Do not think I ever seen the Keen brand. I am also ready for a different brand. Tried all kinds. The more expensive brands usually last about 9 months to a year.(100-150 range) Get about 6 months out of the cheaper brands. I buy Insulated, water proof and steel toe so I usually like to go to a boot store because they have different sections and I know what boot is in what section. Bought a pair of Tim Pros that were uninsulated last summer for 170 but the soles wore a lot quicker then usual. Then found out that Dicks had same boot for 140.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

two pairs of royer "mother of all boots". Seriously, that's what that model is called.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

The nice thing is work boots can be used as a tax deduction
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Those Timberland Pro boots are nice. I used to wear them a lot... but they're also like having your feet buried in concrete (extremely heavy). If you like them, you should definitely check out the Keen boots!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

i love my timberland pros but the weight of them does take some getting used to. other than the weight, no complaints, they are as comfortable as my nikes

Love my Keen targheen II nad their industrial series with steel toes. Sierra trading post has targhee on sale for 50% off! I bought a few pair.

These are the ones i wear. I like the low cut but you can get the same style in a higher cut.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/pr.../detroit%20low

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast