Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Work boots!

Just ordered some keen industrial Detroit steel tie sneakers for service days!

I'm wearing a new boot to me. Georgia Boot. http://www.georgiaboot.com/ I have to say I am pleased with the fit. They had a pdf. file that you print and measure your size. I have been wearing mine about 8 months and just as good as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jlanesey View Post
    Just ordered some keen industrial Detroit steel tie sneakers for service days!
    I love those Keen's ive been wearing them for the past4 years. I wore the non-steel toes before the industrial series came out because it looked as if they had steel toes and were rock hard when they were checked.

I've done the red wings, carolinas, wolverines. going back to simple old combat boots.

I've been wearing Timberland Pro. Have trouble getting a year out of them though. They fit my feet however.

Rocky ironclads all day. Waterproof comfortable cant go wrong!

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Keen are by far the most lightweight comfortable steel toe Shoes I've ever owned. Perfect for service. Also they don't track any mud. I'm amazed and love that feature the best. In fact I stepped in a dog pile the other day and was shocked to look down and see no s*hit. My Chippewa will still be my boiler install choice of footwear, but those boots track mud terrible.

Agreed. Keen boot are by far the best ones. I tried, Red Wing, Wolverine, Caterpillar, and.etc. spent 4+ hrs at work n' more, the store assistant was ready to quit her job, after helping me, and finally, after trying boot after boot, found keen I said "these are it". Very comfortable, slip resistant, non marking soles, just simply the best boots out there, not going to anything else.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I actually ended up buying a third pair of work boots.

I now have a pair of 8" Justin boots with the dual comfort sole. I have been switching back and forth from the Justins and the Thorogoods. Gonna say the Justins fit better, but quality is pretty much a tie.
    The Chippewa slip ons are killer for weekend warrior stuff ( keeps the wife from screaming at me for wearing my dirty boots in the house). The biggest issue was the cost, that being said, you can buy way less boot for the same money.
    Last edited by GT Jets; 02-01-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling error

If you dont need a steel toe, ECCO make great work boots. Pricey but i am on pair number 2 in 11 years. No kidding! very easy on the feet.

My redwings track so much mud in and out of customers homes I have to change shoe coverings multiple times a job

Thinking about looking into Keen..

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBarnum View Post
    I love my timberland pro pit bosses- steel toe, slip resistance etc. Plus they are very comfortable
    Andy!! All I can say is thank you I went out and got the timberland pro pit boss steel toe and I love them no break in at all in them for 10 hours a day and my feet never got sore at all and felt great. It beats all the red wings I have had over the years that had a horrible break in sore feet, sore's etc. After. Wearing these for over a week I will not buy anything else even after shoveling snow most of day last friday they felt great and did not track snow or salt.. So andy thank you again!!

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk please excuse typographical errors
    If you can not do it right, Why even do it at all?

Thinking about getting a pair of Keen boots. You guys say they don't track mud in. Do they have good tread? I don't want to be slipping on every wet or icy surface.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast