Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Work boots!

Georgia mud dogs.

Blundstone 990's are my favorite boots. Current pair still fine after 2 years of everyday commercial and rooftop work. They are killer comfortable, steel toe, electrically resistant, non-laced for easy on and off (residential homes), soles last forever. Great for winter wear, keeps my feet warm and dry.
    Worked in the Philippines on a project with a bunch of Aussies and they were laughing at my laced up hot and heavy Red Wings. Tried out what they were wearing and that was 8 years ago. On my third pair.

Style 990 is what I have wear
    http://www.blundstone.com/products/btough

Everyone I have ever turned this boot on to loves them.

This is the only place I know of one could purchase these, if interested
    http://www.australiadirect.com/bl990sttoe.html

So far I second Aussie boots, although not blundstones, I have been using slip on redback boots (great barrier steel toe...actually composite) for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicofthis View Post
    Georgia mud dogs.
    Got a pair, great boot but zero insulation for the cold winters up here.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Other models of the boot are insulated and great for year round use, like the 990 series.

Cofra #643. Light weight, insulated, composite toe & sole, gel insole.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Timberland pitboss

Irish setter steel toe, gotta have the tuff toe put on for 25 bucks tho, well worth it to me

KEEN

the detroit mid is my winter boot, and the atlanta is my summer shoe
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Anybody wearing Thorogood boots?

I am thinking hard about buying some on Tuesday, got a smoking deal made available to me on the 8" plain toe...

My feet are junk, several broken bones over the years and some arthritis going on. I have been wearing Justin work boots for over a decade, but looking for a change because the sole on the new boot is too soft for my taste. I walk five or six miles a day, so comfort and support is paramount, I also weigh about 240# and am 6'6".

I will NOT buy a boot not made here... (U.S of A).

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post

I am thinking hard about buying some on Tuesday, got a smoking deal made available to me on the 8" plain toe...

My feet are junk, several broken bones over the years and some arthritis going on. I have been wearing Justin work boots for over a decade, but looking for a change because the sole on the new boot is too soft for my taste. I walk five or six miles a day, so comfort and support is paramount, I also weigh about 240# and am 6'6".

GT
    Me and my buddy that rides to work are. I wear the American Heritage wedge and he has just the regular American Heritage work model. I suggest having them stretch them for you after you buy them also. I'm horribly hard on them and they have withstood everything I have done to them very well. Really like the wedge when on a ladder for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post

GT
    I just ordered two pairs of Thorogood 804-4200. 6" moc steel toe from amazon. Free shipping and free/paid returns. I ordered the d and ee size to see how there widths run. Will return one pair. For the price of $140 they are hard to beat for made in america. These will be replacing a pair of usa matterhorn 1949s that have lasted for many years. I went to academy sports afew weeks ago shopping for boots and saw every boot I tried on was made in china. Walked right out the door! Lol

3pt - sent this from his DUMB-PHONE

Love my Chippewa loggers. Heavy and expensive but my feet stay warm
    And dry and I never slip walking through snow or ice and mud.

Got a box of shubee slip covers for
    Carpeted customers houses.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast