TUH2B080A9V3VA vs TUH2B080A9V4VA price

My dealer quoted me TUH2B080A9V4VA on proposal. Then today after installation I discovered that the unit is TUH2B080A9V3VA. I called him up and he said b/c my AC unit is a 3 ton unite, so the distributor thought it makes sense to match it with a 3-ton drive for furnace, hence the swap.

I am surprised by this news which wasn't communicated to me before. So I start to think that he may not have told the truth.

What's the real difference between those 2 models? Also, would there be a price differential between a 3 ton vs. a 4 ton driver furnace?

Thanks much!

We do not discuss pricing in $$$ here on HVAC talk, but yes there is a considerable price difference of about 8% that is just the cost of the furnace keep in mind that is not 8% of the total job cost.
    The contractor is correct if you have a 3 ton AC the furnace with the 4 ton blower would be to much and would not work as well. I don't know who installed your system but why would they quote a 4 ton blower if you have a 3 ton AC, if the distributor has to tell them there are better furnaces they probably should not be installing furnaces.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!