+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Little duct add on.

Post Likes

Little duct add on.

They added a small section onto the back of an old church. I oversized the duct last year with anticipation of them adding on.

Knocking a hole through 3 layers of brick wasn't very fun. Poured floor in the crawl sucks to work on.

More of that shiny metal

Post Likes
    Looks great. You do nice metal work. Is that duct lined or is it not insulated?

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Not insulated or sealed. Basement is conditioned. The crawl will be foamed tight, so some leakage will be just fine down there.

Post Likes
    nice work
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    That looks like a pretty tight crawl. Good looking metal. Maybe I'm and odd guy, well actually thats a known fact, but I love looking at good craftsmanship even if no one else will see it.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Post Likes
    the set in the crawl space is to sharp, will choke air, u can get away with 1.5 to 1 but rule of thumb 2 to 1 or better. example if your setting 12" up in your crawl space the length of piece should b minimum 24" long. P.S. u do neat work

Post Likes
    Why are all off-sets so abrupt.
    Always here

Post Likes
    Nice work. I usually only get one side of the hole to look that neat.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    Why are all off-sets so abrupt.
    so I didn't have a the duct blocking the entire crawl off, crawl is only 6' wide there. 10x8 duct with 2 7" runs out of it, it works fine..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billdozza1 View Post
    the set in the crawl space is to sharp, will choke air, u can get away with 1.5 to 1 but rule of thumb 2 to 1 or better. example if your setting 12" up in your crawl space the length of piece should b minimum 24" long. P.S. u do neat work
    you want to try and keep a ratio of 4:1 optimal, 3:1 is good, 2:1 is but, sometimes you have to do what you have to do with the space your working with. Seems there is never enough space, but in a perfect world.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in