Hybrid View

Let's have a look at the Texas Voter Registration Form

This comes in the mail to everybody in TX on food stamps. I know I'm a poo white boy, but think how many legal and illegal Mexicans are receiving them in Texas.

Let's have a look:

Notice block 8 on the first page - I have not been issued didly squat for I.D., but I want to vote anyway? So, that's OK huh?

Notice on the 2nd page - If you don't have a SS#, that's OK, you just need to state that fact?

Check out the penalty on the first page if you fill out the form falsely. You get 180 days and/or a $2000 fine. Wow, pretty scarry huh? I guess you don't even have to worry about getting deported back to Mexico.

A guy who got his DL in say the state of WA and then gets it transferred to the state of TX doesn't have anything to worry about. I wonder if anybody even checks the info submitted. I wonder if they just pop it into the computer, send you your registration card, and then you find out online where to go vote. Is this why TX just leans Romney instead of being solid Romney?

Sick and wrong I tell ya!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections...argepamp.shtml

What if I don't have a driver's license, personal identification number, OR a social security number? Can I still register to vote in Texas?
    A voter who has not been issued a driver’s license or social security number may register to vote, but such voter must submit proof of identification when presenting himself/herself for voting or with his/her mail-in ballots, if voting by mail. These voters’ names are flagged on the official voter registration list with the annotation of “ID.” The “ID” notation instructs the poll worker to request a proper form of identification from these voters when they present themselves for voting. Acceptable identification includes:
    a driver's license or personal identification card issued to the person by the Department of Public Safety or a similar document issued to the person by an agency of another state, regardless of whether the license or card has expired;
    a form of identification containing the person's photograph that establishes the person's identity;
    a birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes the person's identity;
    United States citizenship papers issued to the person;
    a United States passport issued to the person;
    official mail addressed to the person by name from a governmental entity;
    a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter; or
    any other form of identification prescribed by the Secretary of State.

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections...argepamp.shtml

What if I don't have a driver's license, personal identification number, OR a social security number? Can I still register to vote in Texas?
    A voter who has not been issued a driver’s license or social security number may register to vote, but such voter must submit proof of identification when presenting himself/herself for voting or with his/her mail-in ballots, if voting by mail. These voters’ names are flagged on the official voter registration list with the annotation of “ID.” The “ID” notation instructs the poll worker to request a proper form of identification from these voters when they present themselves for voting. Acceptable identification includes:
    a driver's license or personal identification card issued to the person by the Department of Public Safety or a similar document issued to the person by an agency of another state, regardless of whether the license or card has expired;
    a form of identification containing the person's photograph that establishes the person's identity;
    a birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes the person's identity;
    United States citizenship papers issued to the person;
    a United States passport issued to the person;
    official mail addressed to the person by name from a governmental entity;
    a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter; or
    any other form of identification prescribed by the Secretary of State.
    I'm sure most all illegals can come up with an electric bill or a paycheck stub. The bar is set so low, you to wonder if the Mexican Matricular card would be accepted. But because the bar is set so low, there is actually one more white guy that is going to vote for Romney who doesn't have current I.D. I found out where I need to go to vote, and I can walk the 1.5 miles to get there. Illegals aren't the only ones that are going to take advantage of this low bar. Isn't it kind of funny though that the state of TX includes voter registration forms to everybody on food stamps via mail?

Welcome to the 21st century!
    Having to prove you're eligible to vote before voting..... Weird