Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fieldpiece SOX3

Fieldpiece SOX3

OK, I had my heart set on Bacharach Insite. However, I have currently fell on hard times and with business being a little slow at the time, I will have to put that purchase off for the time being.
    I still need an affordable combustion analyzer to get me by for the beginning of heating season. I recently noticed that Fieldpiece has upgraded their SOX series to include a pump with the SOX3. I have had great luck with their SRH3 And the STA2 stand alone's, and at under $300 for the meter I figure its worth the shot (besides, the biggest complaint with their previous models was the hand pump)
    I haven't seen Russ chime in on this one yet, so I'm wondering if anyone has had hands on with the SOX3.
    I really don't care to hear from any naysayers that haven't had one in their hands, again I will be purchasing the Bacharach when funds loosen up a little, just need to get by for now.

Thanks
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

I too have seen this and am curious as to its worth. I would like something like that as my shop has a full testo 327.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I am still working on the video. But as a description the SOX3 is an upgraded version of our SOX2 which you can view below. The SOX3 is much easier to use however because it does have an automatic pump, smart sensor for in-field sensor replacement (no sending it in for calibration), and it has an efficiency calculation. Also the fuel can be customized. It does not have a CO sensor or printer access, but if you know how to tune a furnace with Oxygen, temp and Access air and only need a separate CO meter for a safety check then the SOX3 is for you.

http://youtu.be/_L_cF3UlmUs

I am bumming it does not also do CO also. I have (4) paperweight uei's that I refuse to pay the $200+ to have rebuilt. I have switched to the Bacharach fyrite tech for the last (2) that I purchased but would love for fieldpiece to have the ability to do both CO and combustion. (hint hint) I just hate to have to buy all my techs two detectors.

I went ahead and ordered the SOX3, I already have a co detecter.
    Will report back with a review

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Sweet. Might get one for a Xmas present to myself. Looking forward to hearing some real world feedback.

Mine is on it's way

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

A Einstein

I am looking forward to your review on it. I just couldn't see myself putting two meters in the flue pipe.

Why hasn't FP made a full featured CA yet?

Does anyone know if the o2 sensor in the Bacharach pca25 is field replaceable? I have one but it needs an o2 sensor and it probably needs to be recalibrated. Wish the shop would cover the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by DeHeatify View Post
    Does anyone know if the o2 sensor in the Bacharach pca25 is field replaceable? I have one but it needs an o2 sensor and it probably needs to be recalibrated. Wish the shop would cover the cost.

Yes it is! Part # 24-0788. Found out recently that this O2 sensor, TSI 6130 O2 sensor and the Testo 325 all use the same sensor and are interchangeable.
    captain CO

Bacahrach's new Intech which is all you need in the field is only $600-$700 depending on hard or soft case and it does everything and is totally field serviceable and calibrateable. Nothing else like it. It is much better than the Tech 60(discontinued) and even has some memory. It always remembers where you left it also
    captain CO

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    Yes it is! Part # 24-0788. Found out recently that this O2 sensor, TSI 6130 O2 sensor and the Testo 325 all use the same sensor and are interchangeable.
    Awesome. I'll have to check that out. Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    Really? Cause the TSI sensor is cheaper!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast