I have a customer that i think has a 3 ton Goodman AirHandler. I say i think because there are no model or serial numbers. It is roughly about 8-10 yrs. old and the cabinet is shiny aluminum. Can i put a 3ton tempstar A-Coil into a Goodman Cabinet??

it would depend on which coil, probably not a match.

without model #s, you're screwed.

how shiny?

Post re

i believe its a goodman b/c the condenser is goodman and it looks to be about the same age. Does anyone know where else the model # would be? on both doors all there is is the insulation, and no stickers are inside by the electrical that i can see. HELP!!!

Re: re

Originally posted by gamecockhvac
    i believe its a goodman b/c the condenser is goodman and it looks to be about the same age. Does anyone know where else the model # would be? on both doors all there is is the insulation, and no stickers are inside by the electrical that i can see. HELP!!!
    Why in the world would you want to do this? Just have the coil replaced with the proper Goodman replacement coil.

What is the model of the outdoor unit?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I think the proper response is what is better for your customer/ or for yourself. At 8-10 years old, it is not worth asking the question and doing the research on what unit it is or what size of coil you need, get a new system... way the pro and cons... today a coil tomorrow a compressor. A new system is the right choice. - OR look at a preston guide, look at the compressor size, blower motor size and size the coil approp. But get a goodman coil.
    But again, the right choice is a new system.

I disagree with Azair. If the condenser is only 8-10 yrs old, its definitely worth asking the questions & finding a coil rather than putting in a whole new system. If the condenser is working normally, then how is it better for the homeowner to buy a new 13 seer condenser?
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.