Thread: upcmedit

why can i not find a 'upcmdata'on my upcmedit file. in fact when i run the program it says "unable to find a valid data directory,please correct and restart the program." but if you press enter it continues to the program. if i go c,h it says at the bottom of the screen current data directory c:\upcmdata. if i go to upcm names/setup and type in under upcm column canahu-1, which is the name of my air handler also what the files are named on disk in the d drive and i have copied them to the upcmedit file. i hit enter it asks me to new or copy, so i hit c for copy and type in d:\canahu-1 it cant fid it . so if i type c:\upcmedit\canahu-1 it says unable to find. now because i have tried everything else i have tried c:\pcmedit\default and the c:\pcmedit\default turns pink for a second and it will say copy of upcm files failed. so am i missing a part of my program "upcmdata" or what how do i put the files there if i cant find upcmdata , i copied the files from d: to"upcmedit" why does the program say this when i start it?

Re-run the setup utility.

i have went through the upcm setup item "c" from first screen several times. is there a different setup that you are refering to?

Thanks to all the big trane guru's for the help. Yeah I figured it out myself. I think if I was a Trane controls man I could have answered that question pretty quickly. Maybe most of the guru's on this site just talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Thats ok, I see that alot in this trade, everybody knows everything. I'll be the first to tell anyone that I don't know anything.

To be honest I haven't installed that program in a couple years.

You should have added this to the other thread instead of starting a new thread if you were having problems. The people that tried to answer your original question will then get an email alert that someone has posted in that particular thread and will know to check back. I certainly would have tried to help you, but I didn't even realize you had started a new thread or were having problems. In addition, when you start a new thread people don't see what your original question was or what has already been done.

I also don't think it's appropriate to complain when people are taking the time out of their day to help you for free. You didn't even thank or acknowledge the people that did try to help you. Problems like this can sometimes be fixed fairly easily if you are on site, looking at the computer; but in my opinion, it is much more difficult than you make it out to be to fix a problem just by reading someone elses brief summary of the problem. It usually takes several attempts to fix a problem this way. If you need an immediate answer, then you should call Trane and have them come out.

Amen!
    And like k says:
    Get ready for it

Originally posted by michael26
    Thanks to all the big trane guru's for the help.
    Its not rocket science is it??
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.