Thread: In a bind...

Hybrid View

In a bind...

I know your not supposed to post DIY's, sorry. Didn't figure that out till right now...

First off, I have this digital Honeywell TH3210D. Manual: http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related...0Guide%20(.pdf

-It's a heat pump stat, and I a regular a/c unit (no heat pump)...
    -I'd like to use it and not have to fork out the extra dough since things are tight.
    -Obviously my old stat was hooked up with a 1-2 jumper (terminal label) and a RGYW format...
    -This one here I hooked up R G Y and L for heat (Emergency heat on thermostat switch)(no jumper)

I just want to know if I did good in a McGyver sort of way, It seems to be working fine, and the compressor isn't comming on when heat is one since I have it on the emer. heat switch... The only reason I want to use it is my bi-metal stat seems pretty tired and inaccurate. And it was a freebie from my job that has a heat pump unit. I just don't want to run into any problems when i start running the heat... The manual recommends 9 cycles per hour on emergency heat and 5 on auxillary heat with the heat pump on if i had one... does anything stand out to you?

Chris_Worthington is offline Controls Committee & Global Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cseara88 View Post
    I know your not supposed to post DIY's, sorry. Didn't figure that out till right now...

First off, I have this digital Honeywell TH3210D. Manual: http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related...0Guide%20(.pdf

-It's a heat pump stat, and I a regular a/c unit (no heat pump)...
    -I'd like to use it and not have to fork out the extra dough since things are tight.
    -Obviously my old stat was hooked up with a 1-2 jumper (terminal label) and a RGYW format...
    -This one here I hooked up R G Y and L for heat (Emergency heat on thermostat switch)(no jumper)

I just want to know if I did good in a McGyver sort of way, It seems to be working fine, and the compressor isn't comming on when heat is one since I have it on the emer. heat switch... The only reason I want to use it is my bi-metal stat seems pretty tired and inaccurate. And it was a freebie from my job that has a heat pump unit. I just don't want to run into any problems when i start running the heat... The manual recommends 9 cycles per hour on emergency heat and 5 on auxillary heat with the heat pump on if i had one... does anything stand out to you?
    Yes as matter of fact.

Attention to detail.

Thread closed