Post Likes

Cool Condensation in Ground Floor

In one of our customer place, cold room is kept in the first floor which is operating at -20c and in ground floor there are 3 separate freezer units ( each units are completely sealed) and the room temp is maintained at 15c. Now we are observing condensation below the cold room area on the ground floor.
    So please help me , why this condensation is happening and how we can avoid this.
    More over this place is near by Sea Shore.

Post Likes
    Insulate, dehumidify, or both. I think those are your only options.

Post Likes
    Ditto on what vhdbllood said. Also, you may have to have a contractor put a sealed, insulated floor in the cold room if it doesn't have one already.

4. Likes lytning liked this post
    Post Likes
    We had a customer once who hadn't considered humidity when building a restaurant on a pier about 200 feet over the water. They also had a wine room/display in the middle of the dining room that was kept at 38*F and was made of glass. They then ran all the makeup air for the kitchen hoods through the HVAC air handlers then wondered why their wine room was flooding. I'm guessing something similar is at work here. Assuming this cold room is built directly on the floor above, your best bet is probably going to be insulating the concrete below that room as dehumidifying the ground floor, with, I would guess, all the doors leading outside, would probably do ugly things to the energy bill. Unless you have systems with hot gas reheat available.

That, or issue scuba gear to the people on the ground floor.