Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    Besides the fact that most manufacuterer's also want an "advertising" premium to even participate in the rebate program that the contractor is also providing.
    It makes you wonder what's really going on. Manufactures are using some excuse that theyare lsing money on their lower line equipment. Who's fault is that? Why do I have to pay for a rebate program. I think it's their way to get in bed with a certain company.

Simple way to solve that "situation". Call a reputable company who does not like to do business with a any manufacturer that does business in this manner. In the past we "attempted" to do business with a company who pushed these "rebates" and we've quit them. Numerous other problems also factored in, but got tired of misleading a customer into "thinking" they were getting something for nothing. Poor way to do business IMO anyway. That's kinda like telling customers that you're offering "free" financing!! Aw come on, there's no such thing folks! I know the financing companies require a "participation fee", uh....could that be a fee that pre-pays for the financing??? Think so?

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    Simple way to solve that "situation". Call a reputable company who does not like to do business with a any manufacturer that does business in this manner. In the past we "attempted" to do business with a company who pushed these "rebates" and we've quit them. Numerous other problems also factored in, but got tired of misleading a customer into "thinking" they were getting something for nothing. Poor way to do business IMO anyway. That's kinda like telling customers that you're offering "free" financing!! Aw come on, there's no such thing folks! I know the financing companies require a "participation fee", uh....could that be a fee that pre-pays for the financing??? Think so?
    I most ask how to due you help customers that need financing? No matter if your customer is middle class or rich most people need fin. Options as they were not expecting to pay $$$ for equipment!!!!

This days buying a new hvac system is like purchasing a new car and most customers don't have $$$ set aside to replace a system.

I understand what you are saying but if customers need fin. Options or have the $$$ to pay for a system outright we don't no going into there home how much $$$ they have or there credit score.

The simple truth is 80% of my customers need fin. Options regardless if they are buying a basic system, mid range or high eff. That is what the instant rebate verus fin. Options offers the customer.

You are correct that someone needs had to pay for fin. Or instant rebate but you don't know going in...

I always explain all options and how we are able to offer fin. Or instant rebates. It is part of business.

go buy a new car with a rebate and see if you will realy get a check .the will work the numbers so it looks like your getting the money off on the price but are you?
    We really need change now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12