Thread: mini split question

Post Likes

mini split question

I currently have a Mr. Slim system in my converted garage. The room is 20x11 fully insulated and it has worked great for the past 3 years. I selected a system that could handle a much bigger room and it keeps the room ice cold if i need it to be.

I'm thinking of building a wall with an open doorway to split the room in half and make it 2 rooms of 10x11. The mini split is located in the back of the room and i'm wondering how well it would cool the front half of the room with a wall installed. If done, the back room where the mini split is would be a workout room and the front room would be a little media room. Just wanted to get some advice and see if I would be okay doing this. I just dont want that front room to be warm while the back freezes.

Post Likes
    well.... you obviously would be blocking airflow by building the wall and relying on simple convection to the new space, it will get some, if the doorway is left open.....

Post Likes
    You will absolutely notice a difference in the air flow and temp on the far side if you construct a wall. What's the model and serial number for the condenser? Some select condensers are able to operate multiple evaporators. If your condenser is applicable; installing another AHU/Evaporator may be an option.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    You will absolutely notice a difference in the air flow and temp on the far side if you construct a wall. What's the model and serial number for the condenser? Some select condensers are able to operate multiple evaporators. If your condenser is applicable; installing another AHU/Evaporator may be an option.
    or 1 ducted air handler

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in