+ Reply to Thread

Thread: york ycch

Post Likes

york ycch

I have a call I need to go look into on a ycch233s. the cust, says that the slidevalve is getting stuck and won't unload. from what he is telling me it sounds like the solonoid is the problem more then the valve. I did a search on this and found zip so I am hoping that some of you have some experiance or advice. also if anybody has any bulletins on this machine that would be great. Also what other machines (M#) would have the same compressor so that I can reseach that. thanks

Post Likes
    Could be the potentiometer as well. The chiller the YCCH usually belongs to is YS.
    "Quality exists, when the price is long forgotten."

Henry Royce

Post Likes
    nique, IMO you need to apply for Pro status. I won't go into the details of possible solutions for this compressor on the "open" forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropie
    Could be the potentiometer as well.
    Unlikely. Potentiometer wouldn't prevent it from unloading.

Post Likes
    ya prob right, I have just never taken the time to do so.

Post Likes
    Here's a link to the IOM manual on JCI's site.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    nique, IMO you need to apply for Pro status. I won't go into the details of possible solutions for this compressor on the "open" forum.

Unlikely. Potentiometer wouldn't prevent it from unloading.
    You are right, but customers usually refer to the slide valve position only as indication. The corresponding motor current will tell you the truth. We don`t know if the compressor is still running, in ice storage mode, prevented from starting, tripping on low LWT, etc.
    "Quality exists, when the price is long forgotten."

Henry Royce

Post Likes
    thanks for the manual. I believe this machine uses the big spring to unload so that may be a problem. from my conversation with the cust, the unit will load and unload below 50% but once it goes over 50% it shoots all the way to 100% and then won't unload, it just stays there. so obviosly the slide valve is not stuck. He did not know if the potentiometer had ever been messed with or if the brass rod had been changed. another company has been working on this unit for some time with no luck so he asked me to come and have a look. so just trying to get some ideas before I head out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nique
    I believe this machine uses the big spring to unload so that may be a problem.
    You might want to read pages 44-45 of the manual before you go check it out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    You might want to read pages 44-45 of the manual before you go check it out.
    Is this the page that says may cause severe injury or death??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernMech
    Is this the page that says may cause severe injury or death??
    No, but that certainly should be taken into consideration! The pages I referenced describe the operation of the slide valve.

Post Likes
    I had a look at the unit today and found the following:
    During the first few minutes of operation the unit will unload and load both normal and manual.
    After a few minutes the slide valve will only load even if the unload valve is manually actuated.
    If all the wires are removed it holds stable, until I try to unload it either electrically or manual in which case it only loads.
    Luckily this has a sister chiller so I swapped the solenoid assembly and discovered no change still loading with no unload.

Post Likes
    Sorry its a York YS EC EB S4CRA Chiller

Post Likes
    have you fixed this thing yet?

Post Likes
    nope, I have been looking into different things but nothing yet. because of the run hours customer is debating replacement. I am fairly certain the valve needs fixen but JC won't sell the parts as they want the comp back so they can do it. and thats alot of money for a unit that old. any suggestions?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nique
    any suggestions?
    Two...ask a moderator to move this to the Pro forum so a more in depth discussion can occur and what happens if you set the current limit to a specific value?

Post Likes
    been in the proforum too and not alot there either. even with the current limit set the unit still creeps up. the only way it holds is if i shut both lines (load/unload) manualy with the service valves.

Post Likes
    Hi fella's.
    I realise this post is old, but I wondering if anyone can help me out with a manual on the replacement of shaft seal on the YCCH233 compressor, S4 size, on R22. Help would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in