Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 182
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL.
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Shouldn't it bother people that Romney switches 180 deg on important things to get votes. Guns, coal, health care and others. He doesn't just tweak, he reverses. In other words, he's a liar. And an obvious one. Before saying "Ya but they all lie" just keep this on Romney. If the RNC had not picked Palin, Mccain would probably be President. Now they pick Romney. I can't imagine he was the best they've got. The is one of the best times to consider a third party if you are set against BO.
    I would rather have BO or Johnson than a liar like Romney. Why is it when I see Ryan I want to b$tch slap the guy? Reminds me of a televangelist when he walks around with the mike and with his limited experience on this planet tells me what's right. Has he ever had a job?
    How about a write-in? M. Mouse. When Gib said "leopards can't change their spots" try replacing BO with Romney. He'll still be a liar if elected.
    Yes, but what bothers me even more is why a guy who's living in a past wrought by his father who was a drunk and an anti-colonial Socialist is so intent on vengeance that he feels compelled to bring an entire nation - and as an indirect consequence, the whole world as well - to its knees.

    Why would you or anyone else want to vote for a man like that? So you can have government-run healthcare, hand-outs, and abortions on demand?! Really??!!
    WHY?

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Romney is not a Marxist. He's a Capitalist. Obama is the Marxist.
    oh, no hes not. What ever he is hes not a free market capitalist. All you need to know that is to see that he signed in his own version of Obamacare, that destroys free markets by creating a captured market base.

    He beleives in governments ablity to write "good" regulations. He believes in top down government mandated society.

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    Yes, but what bothers me even more is why a guy who's living in a past wrought by his father who was a drunk and an anti-colonial Socialist is so intent on vengeance that he feels compelled to bring an entire nation - and as an indirect consequence, the whole world as well - to its knees.

    Why would you or anyone else want to vote for a man like that? So you can have government-run healthcare, hand-outs, and abortions on demand?! Really??!!
    Under Romney you get government-run healthcrare, and hand-outs.

    Nothing changes under Romney.

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    oh, no hes not. What ever he is hes not a free market capitalist. .
    Then what was Bain? A govt run company?
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,124
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Romney is not a Marxist. He's a Capitalist. Obama is the Marxist.
    The way I see it, China's economy is booming because they peddle cheap crap that americans want to buy. That's free enterprise capitalism at work right there. Yet Romney; a "capitalist", wants to get tough on China because they're undervaluing their money to maintain their competitive edge on the rest of the world and offset large tariffs on their exports. In other words, because the US economy is hopelessly stagnant and he knows there is nothing he can do but cheap gimmicks and lowest common denominator tactics, he would rather tear down China's successful economy. Sounds to me like Romney is only a capitalist when it works in his favor. Sounds like "socialist class warfare tactics". If you "get tough on China", and they raise the prices of their goods, do the manufacturers of thes goods absorb that additional cost? No, they just pass it on to consumers here in the US. Sounds something like a tax increase to me. Even if it's not a tax, it's more money that'll come out of your pockets, unless you make a concerted effort to buy american.

    Nothing will get the US economy going again until 1) we stop dumping trillions of dollars into wars in 3rd world toilets, 2) people once again have some equity in their homes, are not in constant fear for their jobs, and have a little financial security, and 3) people make a point to buy american-made goods.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  6. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Under Romney you get government-run healthcrare, and hand-outs.

    Nothing changes under Romney.

    I don't approve of Mittcare, but if you're going to do something like that the state level is the place. Mitt has pledged to stop Obamacare and we should hold his feet to the fire WHEN he becomes president.

  7. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Then what was Bain? A govt run company?
    Its a corporation. Corporations are legal entities created by............ the government. It strikes me as odd why people don't seem to understand that large corporations only exist due to government regulations in the first place. Hell in the first debate between romney and obama he even stated that the first thing he looked at, when making decisions, was government regulations.

  8. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    I don't approve of Mittcare, but if you're going to do something like that the state level is the place. Mitt has pledged to stop Obamacare and we should hold his feet to the fire WHEN he becomes president.
    But thats the problem, he pledges lots of things, and then does what ever he wants. I detest Obama, but Romney is no better and certinally not trust worthy. The problem is till people wake up to the fact that if you keep voting for evil, even if its the lesser evil, your still getting evil.

    Name:  iNJHj.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  59.7 KB

  9. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,107
    yes, I heard people on one of our local radio programs this morning arguing over who lied the most last night......lol

    Im voting Romney because he lies to me 15 percent less than obama does.

    Im voting for Obama because romneys lies are bigger than obamas lies.

    They're both lying to you.......lol

    I knew a preacher one time who was in the home remodeling business.....and this guy was so crooked...... you never wanted to become involved in anything that had to do with money with this guy.....cause he would get your money and you would get nothing.....

    anyhow.... I asked why he lied so much one time and he told me that he never lied to people.....he only double talked them.....lol

    He went into a bit and basicly he was saying that he could double talk and dance around a subject as much as he wanted to..... decieving people...... but not actually telling them a bald faced lie.. and he had no problem with it as he believed he could justify his actions to the lord.

    He had the gift of gab......but goodness...that man was a low down thief when if came to selling to someone or buying something from someone.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    SW MO.
    Posts
    5,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Its a corporation. Corporations are legal entities created by............ the government. It strikes me as odd why people don't seem to understand that large corporations only exist due to government regulations in the first place. Hell in the first debate between romney and obama he even stated that the first thing he looked at, when making decisions, was government regulations.
    Regulating and creating are 2 different things. The govt didn't create Bain. A small business man did. And it grew. The govt doesn't grow anything except debt and regulations.

  11. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Regulating and creating are 2 different things. The govt didn't create Bain. A small business man did. And it grew. The govt doesn't grow anything except debt and regulations.
    No, the corporation legal entity is a creation of state and federal government regulations.

    The first year Romney raised 37 million dollars. Thats not a small business. But you are right, the govt grows regulations which is what allows corporations to avoid competition by creating barriers of entry to the market. Its a pity that people who claim to love free markets.

    Capitalists include Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, whom came up with revolutionary products that changes life for everyone.

    From my own research into Bain Capital, it seems their entire business model, is one of expoliting government regulation to force smaller competors out of the market.

    I'm still laughting at calling Romney or any attached to Bain a small business man.

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    The way I see it, China's economy is booming because they peddle cheap crap that americans want to buy. That's free enterprise capitalism at work right there. Yet Romney; a "capitalist", wants to get tough on China because they're undervaluing their money to maintain their competitive edge on the rest of the world and offset large tariffs on their exports. In other words, because the US economy is hopelessly stagnant and he knows there is nothing he can do but cheap gimmicks and lowest common denominator tactics, he would rather tear down China's successful economy. Sounds to me like Romney is only a capitalist when it works in his favor. Sounds like "socialist class warfare tactics". If you "get tough on China", and they raise the prices of their goods, do the manufacturers of thes goods absorb that additional cost? No, they just pass it on to consumers here in the US. Sounds something like a tax increase to me. Even if it's not a tax, it's more money that'll come out of your pockets, unless you make a concerted effort to buy american.

    Nothing will get the US economy going again until 1) we stop dumping trillions of dollars into wars in 3rd world toilets, 2) people once again have some equity in their homes, are not in constant fear for their jobs, and have a little financial security, and 3) people make a point to buy american-made goods.
    We dont get many homegrown chinese goods here. When we get the chinese goods here in the USA its usually chinese made junk built to the standards of the american companies who are outsourcing the manufacturing of those goods to china.

    Lot of meters and stuff.... I think some fluke meters are made in china...... and while i personally believe their clamp meters have gone downhill since the old gray and red ones....... fluke still does make nice stuff.....even the stuff they have built in china is nice and dependable because of flukes standards that they impose on the chinese manufacturers.

    Now when you go to harbor freight and you buy that 10 dollar drill that lasts 2 minutes...... that is a drill that an american company asked china to build for them so they could sell it here in the states....... thats an american firm with little standards other than make it work out of the box....

    Dont blame the chinese...... they want to make money too......and its americans that are getting in bed with those red bastards while selling out your neighbor who just lost his job at the local widget factory..... Blame the damn owner of the local widget factory for packing it in and having his stuff built in china.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,508
    We cant let that happen, we may end up with a reason to vote for someone.

    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event