Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    In wine??

Why am I not surprised?

Jim, do you know what kind of sensor life we can expect?
    Conservatively the manufacturer says 2 years. The sensor does unplug from the unit so it is replaceable but we don't have the confirmation from them yet. If I can calibrate it in the field, I can replace it.

Wonder if it likes beer better??
    captain CO

Post Likes

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    Conservatively the manufacturer says 2 years. The sensor does unplug from the unit so it is replaceable but we don't have the confirmation from them yet. If I can calibrate it in the field, I can replace it.

Wonder if it likes beer better??
    Instead of a NOx filter does it have an ETOH one?

Post Likes
    We just ordered enough of the Sensorcon units for the whole service department about 2 weeks ago. 5 days later one of my coworkers calls me and tells me they work, after his started to alarm and he saw 50 ppm and rising CO after he had done a boiler tune up. Turned out the chimney was plugged.

Now that I see NCI/NSI is selling the same model, with lower alarm settings, I know we bought a quality product.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    Funny thing about the Sensorcon it says on the back "WARNING This is not a personal safety device"... kind of the reason I bought it. Other than that unit seems cool.

Post Likes
    I believe it is not a personal safety device until it has a vibrating alarm installed, which they do sell a vibrating version now as well.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    Funny thing about the Sensorcon it says on the back "WARNING This is not a personal safety device"... kind of the reason I bought it. Other than that unit seems cool.
    Mine says the same thing, it's not the same brand brand even.

Post Likes
    Anyone else use the Testo 317-3 and how it compares to others? I've never had mine go off.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    Anyone else use the Testo 317-3 and how it compares to others? I've never had mine go off.
    I bought my Testo 317-3 a couple weeks before taking Captain CO's class. If I hadn't just bought that one, I would have chosen the CO Angel from NCI.

My Testo does work well. I set the alarm level at 15 ppm. The first alarm it gave was after I walked behind one of our trucks in the morning. The exhaust activated it. I have compared the reading to those of my Bacharach Insight and they are very close. It has also registered low levels (3-5 ppm) when I was working on units. I'm glad I have it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12