Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Help

Quote Originally Posted by MrHVA View Post
    The Equipment I'm maintaining ranges any where from 25 to 100 ton roof top units. Direct fired heating units. Indoor air handling units. Electric Reheats, HOt Water reheats....Furnaces..etc....the list goes on.

I really am not given a chance to actually service/repair these units because there a lot of arrogant self indulged ******** I work with that try to be heroes and look like a superstars any chance they get. Meanwhile, I witnessed one of the so called "top mechanic" I work with blow thermal overloads cuz he wired a simple dual speed motor backwords. Pathetic, if you ask me but whatever thats how it goes in this industry. And then try to justify it by saying " the manufacturer labeled it wrong". YEAH OK! Anyway, I know mistakes happen own up to it or ask someone else for help it won't hurt.

sorry for the rant

so......

any help?
    But there is no ego here.

I started this thread with a question. That question was "does anybody know how/who to contact at Trane in New York about a job?" Qwerty Hvac was the only person to come close.

Why do you need to know my qualifications? I just don't see the need. I feel that I don't have to answer your question about my qualification for a number of reasons:

1) I don't think I will be applying for pro.

2) I don't think you'll help me get a new job

3) I am not giving out advice on HVAC.

So, I'm sorry but I'm not going to answer your question.
    That's because six months at trade school doesn't really count for much.

Let me explain something to all you people that think I have a bad attitude. The job I work for now loves me. I get a long with everyone and never turn down any job! But I never have and never will kiss any journeyman's a**. You think you'll get coffee too, that'll be the day. You got the wrong guy.

I did my time in the industry and I worked very ard to get my degree and certs. You guys on here think paper means nothing but it does in the real world trust me. I know how to turn a wrench not just a " textbook tech". I strongly believe that changing filters and belts does not make you a good mechanic. It's hog wash. Finding out why the machine is broken, or why did the comp. trip out, or why it's not cooling is what makes a good mech. Repairing the machine and finding out why certain things happen. Honestly if you're telling me you have to time examine a machine while you're PMing it then I'd think that you'd probably get one machine done a day. Which means in my company you're out the door.

The workers here know what type of person I am and they don't want me to excel because they know I will succeed at anything and the company will count on me rather than them. They are threatened by me. But that's ok because trust me. My drive and my work ethics will get me where I need to be.
    Whaaaatever. This is very good stuff.

I know a lot of techs who stilol can't do pm

Rofl!!!

Thanks you guys for cheering me up!
    This may be the funniest thread since 3jeezy or whatever his name was!

PEOPLE LIKE ME DAMMIT!

Really!!!!!!!!

LOL

GT

You frickn crack me up dude!!!

OP

I believe it was Socrates that once said

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing!

This applies to most top guys with the exception of
    Willis carrier and ruben trane!

The workers here know what type of person I am and they don't want me to excel because they know I will succeed at anything and the company will count on me rather than them. They are threatened by me. But that's ok because trust me. My drive and my work ethics will get me where I need to be.
    A legend in his own mind!

Let me explain something to all you people that think I have a bad attitude. The job I work for now loves me. I get a long with everyone and never turn down any job! But I never have and never will kiss any journeyman's a**. You think you'll get coffee too, that'll be the day. You got the wrong guy.

I did my time in the industry and I worked very ard to get my degree and certs. You guys on here think paper means nothing but it does in the real world trust me. I know how to turn a wrench not just a " textbook tech". I strongly believe that changing filters and belts does not make you a good mechanic. It's hog wash. Finding out why the machine is broken, or why did the comp. trip out, or why it's not cooling is what makes a good mech. Repairing the machine and finding out why certain things happen. Honestly if you're telling me you have to time examine a machine while you're PMing it then I'd think that you'd probably get one machine done a day. Which means in my company you're out the door.

I have to agree with everyone else. PMs make you a better tech and gets you more work. How do you think we find all those cracked heat exchangers and bad contactors? If you are pming a piece of equipment correctly you will be diagnosing problems with equipment before you get a service call. That is why it is called Preventive Maintenance. When you are changeling a belt for example you can check the the bearings and end play in the motor. Also you can check the pulleys or shives for wear. These are just a few of the issues I see on a service call of a unit that was not properly pmed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

So, the advice is put my head down, be humble, shut my mouth, listen up and do what your told, my time will come. Got it!

Thanks.......but no thanks.

A lot of jealous people on here but it's ok.

I'll let everone know when i get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    LOL..... more like a pony.... ask Helen
    Hung like a pony is better than hung like a light switch. Lol

JASON sent this from his DUMB-PHONE

So, the advice is put my head down, be humble, shut my mouth, listen up and do what your told, my time will come. Got it!

I'll let everone know when i get
    promoted.
    Jealous, ohhh please do tell me why I should be jealous of you, haahaaa that is funny.

Yeah, come back in here and let us all know whem the big promotion comeS

I'll let everone know when i get promoted.
    If you are so great why have you not been promoted?
    You still have not listed your qualifications and experience.
    So you do not need to listen and do what your told?
    You could have lost job opportunities all ready thanks to this site. All because of your attitude.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast