Any Help - Page 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 248

Thread: Any Help

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicallyInclined View Post
    I think if I waited on the Locals to get me a job I'd be like the kid in the V-8 Fusion commercial that doesn't want to eat his veggies. Here in the Southwest - West Texas, New Mexico, Southern Arizona, it's more than cutthroat. You have to get your own jobs.

    Whats the point on being "union" if you behave like a scab?

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Mr HVA

    Before we can give you any real advice, we need to know a bit more about you.

    Your words are :

    What qualifications? What kind of equipment are you talking about maintaining?
    The Equipment I'm maintaining ranges any where from 25 to 100 ton roof top units. Direct fired heating units. Indoor air handling units. Electric Reheats, HOt Water reheats....Furnaces..etc....the list goes on.

    I really am not given a chance to actually service/repair these units because there a lot of arrogant self indulged ******** I work with that try to be heroes and look like a superstars any chance they get. Meanwhile, I witnessed one of the so called "top mechanic" I work with blow thermal overloads cuz he wired a simple dual speed motor backwords. Pathetic, if you ask me but whatever thats how it goes in this industry. And then try to justify it by saying " the manufacturer labeled it wrong". YEAH OK! Anyway, I know mistakes happen own up to it or ask someone else for help it won't hurt.

    sorry for the rant

    so......

    any help?

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChillerMan View Post
    Trane will post job opening on line even in a union market. I think it's IR policy. The Trane office in Miami regularly posted openings on line even though Miami is union. I never used the union to get a job. I always went directly to the contractor, and told the union where I was working. If you're a good tech, you'll always have a job. Anyway, I digress.

    How long ago did you apply on their website? It usually takes 2-3 weeks to get a response. You could always resubmit an application. Are they even hiring? You could always walk in the front door and hand in your resume too. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all.

    Thanks for the reply chillerman
    As far as I know they are hiring. They posted it on the IR career jobsite they have listed on their website. I've been applying since last week. Everyday. Maybe I should just go in to their office. I think its in LIC??

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Morgan Hill Ca.
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHVA View Post
    The Equipment I'm maintaining ranges any where from 25 to 100 ton roof top units. Direct fired heating units. Indoor air handling units. Electric Reheats, HOt Water reheats....Furnaces..etc....the list goes on.

    I really am not given a chance to actually service/repair these units because there a lot of arrogant self indulged ******** I work with that try to be heroes and look like a superstars any chance they get. Meanwhile, I witnessed one of the so called "top mechanic" I work with blow thermal overloads cuz he wired a simple dual speed motor backwords. Pathetic, if you ask me but whatever thats how it goes in this industry. And then try to justify it by saying " the manufacturer labeled it wrong". YEAH OK! Anyway, I know mistakes happen own up to it or ask someone else for help it won't hurt.

    sorry for the rant

    so......

    any help?

    Gonna say this out loud only because its bothering me (not really) but... How do you wire a two speed motor "backward"... I am confused



    In all honesty what you need to do is attempt to reach out to one of the employees associated with the division you wish to work. Many times it's "who you know".

    I want to help you if I can, but you have not really done anything to help yourself as far as this thread.

    Schooling? Years in the trade? Desired field? Success stories?

    Having worked with some of the most arrogant punks I have ever met all thinking like you are sounding, it was not unreasonable for some on here to ridicule you a bit.

    Just my humble opinion, take it or not..... I have a great job

    GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    Gonna say this out loud only because its bothering me (not really) but... How do you wire a two speed motor "backward"... I am confused



    In all honesty what you need to do is attempt to reach out to one of the employees associated with the division you wish to work. Many times it's "who you know".

    I want to help you if I can, but you have not really done anything to help yourself as far as this thread.

    Schooling? Years in the trade? Desired field? Success stories?

    Having worked with some of the most arrogant punks I have ever met all thinking like you are sounding, it was not unreasonable for some on here to ridicule you a bit.

    Just my humble opinion, take it or not..... I have a great job

    GT
    Like I said he blamed it on "manufacturer labeled the wiring diagram wrong" whatever.

    GT Jets, How in the world did you come to the conclusion that I sound like an arrogant punk???? I've been called egotistical and now I'm being called an "arrogant punk" all from asking the kind people on this site for some help. WHAT A JOKE! That is what this post has become.

    And you tell me you can't help me because I haven't helped myself. LOL Another joke.

    YOU KNOW WHAT FORGET IT I DONT NEED THE HELP. ILL GET IN MYSELF.
    Thanks anyway.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Morgan Hill Ca.
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHVA View Post
    Like I said he blamed it on "manufacturer labeled the wiring diagram wrong" whatever.

    GT Jets, How in the world did you come to the conclusion that I sound like an arrogant punk???? I've been called egotistical and now I'm being called an "arrogant punk" all from asking the kind people on this site for some help. WHAT A JOKE! That is what this post has become.

    And you tell me you can't help me because I haven't helped myself. LOL Another joke.

    YOU KNOW WHAT FORGET IT I DONT NEED THE HELP. ILL GET IN MYSELF.
    Thanks anyway.
    Really?

    This post all but proves my point.

    Humble the hell up and tell us something about yourself.

    I said you sounded like an arrogant punk I have worked with. As an example, had a first year apprentice working in our area that thought he was worth Journeyman wage.... So I decided to "test him a little", after asking him about a dozen or so fairly simple questions about the equipment we were working on (hot water boiler) it was apparent he didn't know squat, so I told him that a true journeyman would have been able to answer every question i had just asked him without hesitation, he said "well I am not going to be working on this kind of garbage anyway"...

    You have not stated your case very well IMHO.

    Chill out and take some constructive criticism without reacting like a five year old. Geeze...

    And as for the question about how you wire a two speed motor backward I was asking YOU how he did it, because I don't think you know. And there are occasions when the schematics are incorrect or very easy to misinterpret. FYI Happened to me last week. they had drawn the schematic with the 24V control circuit and the 120 control circuits tied together at two points. Didn't bite me in the ass, but could have. All black wire BTW...

    GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Morgan Hill Ca.
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHVA View Post
    Hello,

    I'm getting nowhere with the job I'm currently at. Nobody wants to let me do anything besides maintain equipment. I have much more qualifications then being a "maintenance guy". NO disrespect to anyone out there that maintains equipment everyday but it just aint my shtick.


    Anybody know how/who to contact at Trane in New York about a job? Seems like I get no where when I apply through their website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    OR, any other companies hiring at the moment.

    Thanks
    You just dist maintenance mechanics and you seem surprised you didn't get hired by a high level contractor off the street.. = Arrogant.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHVA View Post
    I guess you didn't read the subject of my post. I'll type it again in cased you missed it "ANY HELP", there it's caps now so now you have to see it. Do me a favor don't reply unless you can help, Thanks! Don't be so negative dude, no need to call names.

    BTW your questions don't warrnat a response from me. Take Care.

    You were asked specifics about your qualifications, you came up with insults = Arrogant.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHVA View Post
    This post has nothing to do with ego or pride. You're telling me I have an ego by look at my one post??????? cmon man....listen can you help me out or not? It's a Yes or No answer. No need for assumptions. Thanks champ
    Just pushy =arrogant.
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    SouthEast NC ICW & Piedmont Foothills
    Posts
    7,635
    now lookey there; y'all done made him sull up.

    didn't y'all understand; he be the greatest thing to hit the hvac seen,

    since he can't give any qualifications or history of his experience
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    3,588
    Kids they all think they know it all, I can't say much I prolly sounded that arrogant to lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHVA View Post
    I really am not given a chance to actually service/repair these units because there a lot of arrogant self indulged ******** I work with that try to be heroes and look like a superstars any chance they get.
    If this is one of your major reasons for wanting to leave, I hate to inform you that they are everywhere. You will just lose those people and gain another or two.

    We have one that reports to the boss when he goes and takes a dump, I'm pretty sure amongst all the other things he finds "wrong".

    Good luck! And remember the grass isn't always greener in the pasture next door.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Wichita Ks
    Posts
    1,452
    Sounds like another attitude problem child. First you need to show respect wether you want to or not.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    If this is one of your major reasons for wanting to leave, I hate to inform you that they are everywhere. You will just lose those people and gain another or two.
    It's one of the reasons yeah. I guess I agree with you on finding guys like that everywhere. I'm probably jumping the gun here so, maybe I should just wait it out. I just want a piece of the service end that is it. If they give me one day out of the week to do service I'll be like a kid at a candy store. It's really not much to ask I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Good luck! And remember the grass isn't always greener in the pasture next door.
    Thank you very much for your advice.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    Sounds like another attitude problem child. First you need to show respect wether you want to or not.
    Actually I think it doesn't sound like "another attitude problem child." BTW I don't know much about you so I won't be judgmental but respect is EARNED. I could careless how many years someone has in the trade, you treat someone like a piece of doodoo I'm almost positive they will get the same treatment back. I never treat anyone with disrespect.

    Oh and it's whether not wether!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event