Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serious question.

Is shmoooooozing kissing arse?

I am sure op would never shmooooooz!

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Serious question.

Is shmoooooozing kissing arse?

I am sure op would never shmooooooz!
    As long as your not talking bad about other employes to the boss man who cares what color your nose is

Where did the OP go? I need a coffee!!

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    You know, I had a new apprentice/helper start with me today. He's an Indian kid, been in the country for 6 years. He doesn't know sh!t.
    I agree with you 100% I am only 31 years old been doing this for 4 years and I by no means think I know everything. I learn something new every day. If my boss tells me to go sweet the roof off I go and do it, still getting paid by the hour and same rate as if we were doing HVAC work. This country is going to sh!t with the generation of today and even some in my generation. Nobody wants to work and get there hands dirty they all want to sit behind the computer and search the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    I disagree. There is a difference between being nice. Thoughtful , respectful , appreciative etc vs kissing arse . I for one am not an ass kisser and never will be.
    Exactly, do what you are told and do your job and that is all there is to it. If you work hard and are not an arrogant a## like the OP then your hard work will be recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC-matt View Post
    I agree with you 100% I am only 31 years old been doing this for 4 years and I by no means think I know everything. I learn something new every day. If my boss tells me to go sweet the roof off I go and do it, still getting paid by the hour and same rate as if we were doing HVAC work. This country is going to sh!t with the generation of today and even some in my generation. Nobody wants to work and get there hands dirty they all want to sit behind the computer and search the internet.

Exactly, do what you are told and do your job and that is all there is to it. If you work hard and are not an arrogant a## like the OP then your hard work will be recognized.
    I'm 31 also and it's starting with our generation. The work ethic is pathetic. Cell phone use and the inability to stay on task is absurd. Work ethic couldn't be found with the hubbell telescope. It's really sad.

There are some exceptions, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    I disagree. There is a difference between being nice. Thoughtful , respectful , appreciative etc vs kissing arse . I for one am not an ass kisser and never will be.

Its not who you know and blow its who you meet and eat.
    Being nice and respectfull to a person who is in a position of power over you or me who doesn't deserve it for any given reason is kissing arse. Now tell me you have never did that.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    I'm 31 also and it's starting with our generation. The work ethic is pathetic. Cell phone use and the inability to stay on task is absurd. Work ethic couldn't be found with the hubbell telescope. It's really sad.

At 26 I guess we near the same generation but I can't think If many useful people my age besides me of course lol

Here is a thought that may be off topic. Did you ever notice that the guys a work who say they know it all and can do anything rarely do or can? It's the guys that are more humble and always say they are learning new things that know the most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Here is a thought that may be off topic. Did you ever notice that the guys a work who say they know it all and can do anything rarely do or can? It's the guys that are more humble and always say they are learning new things that know the most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I agree to a point but I also disagree. I think the people you refer to as being humble, know they don't know everything. It's the newbies that think they know everything!

It takes a certain "swag" to be the best. Good examples of pro athletes who are like what I'm talking about would be Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. They honestly believed that they could make every shot, every time, and especially in the biggest moments. Having the confidence to know you will figure it out no matter what you're sent on is huge, IMO. No one likes an arrogant jerk though.

you kids are making me feel old. I have been doing this longer than you have been alive. someday I will know it all.

638B doesn't place techs in companies so forget the HALL.you get hired in a union shop and they get you in the union afeter 45days.go over to Hauppauge TRANE on OSER AVE and walk into the main office side and give them your resume
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Ryan

you need to have confidence in your skills!
    confidence in your basic knowledge and ability to troubleshoot!

If you get sent on a call tomorrow for a broken steam iron at a clothier or a munters dehumidification unit with a heat recovery wheel or a Hoshizaki ice machine or elkay drinking fountain!

the night before when you go to sleep you should know that even though you have never seen one before you can fix it easy!
    That is confidence!

knowing that you only know 1% of this crap is humble!

I like guys that work on 1 chiller and all of a sudden they are a chiller mechanic!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I am a skilled mechanic!
    I also know that there are millions of other skilled mechanics and I could get my arse kicked by some little piece of equipment tomorrow morning!

I agree to a point but I also disagree. I think the people you refer to as being humble, know they don't know everything. It's the newbies that think they know everything!

It takes a certain "swag" to be the best. Good examples of pro athletes who are like what I'm talking about would be Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. They honestly believed that they could make every shot, every time, and especially in the biggest moments. Having the confidence to know you will figure it out no matter what you're sent on is huge, IMO. No one likes an arrogant jerk though.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920 LastLast