Thread: York Affinity Thermostat

Post Likes
    I have a York Affinity. My York thermostat controls are simply fan/auto, cool/off/heat/emer/ and up and down arrows for temp settings. My question is what does the small flame icon under the heat temp setting indicate and further,what does it indicate when it is blinking?

Post Likes
    the flame icon represents that you are in heat mode and when it is blinking it is in a delay period.....

Post Likes
    What is delay period?

Post Likes
    Could the flashing flame Icon mean the auxillary heat is coming on?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by bobmac
    What is delay period?
    Digital t-stats have a 5 (minimum) minute delay to prevent compressor short cycling. This does not apply to gas furnaces or boilers - heatpump/AC only.

Post Likes
    yepper.........you got it. When ever you are more than 4 degrees below your setting your heat strips (AUX)kick in.

Post Likes
    I've seen it flash a couple of times, but I don't think there was any difference in the temps. Pretty sure not 4 degrees.

Post Likes
    Heat Pump thermostats are designed to determine the optimum time to activate the second stage. Simply raising the temperature in heating or lowering it in cooling will not always force the thermostat to bring the second stage on quickly. There is a time delay from 0-25 minutes. The time element (0-25 minutes) of the delay varies depending on the performance of the first stage. Once the second stage comes on it will come on sooner the next time there is a difference between the set point and the room temperature.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in