+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Usage of Air Vent Return Filters with Air Purification System

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Usage of Air Vent Return Filters with Air Purification System

I recently had two Carrier Infinity Air Purification systems (Model # GAPAAXCC1625) installed in my 2 story home. My question is whether I should continue using Air Vent Return filters throughout my home or if I should remove the filters and discontinue their use.

I've been getting conflicting answers from my Carrier Dealer's Technicians. One said continue to use them, one said no because it would put extraneous pressure on the air purifiers, and a third tech said it didn't matter whether I used them or not. I phoned Carrier's Customer Service Department, but they referred my back to my Dealer.

Thought I'd pose my question to the Forum Members & Pro's of HVAC-Talk.

Post Likes
    The air purifiers are supposed to be merv 15 and should be able to provide you with great indoor air quality and the 1 inch vent filters would effectively keep the cats and dogs out of your ductwork so its not nessesary to continue to buy prefilters the air purifier will work best without them

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in