Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 97
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    67
    if its 80 inside ur pressure should be up close to 80 so either a) ur giving me wrong information or b) if it was 75 then 68 could be reasonable, so which one was it so no need to get defensive,

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,720
    no, good split, good to go

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida Space Coast
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo86 View Post
    68 suction 80 inside you need a new unit not worth repairing
    I absolutely need, want, will get (sooner or later) a new unit. Would be perfectly happy to have the home warranty company's service tech condemn it so I can get a cash-out settlement towards a new unit. As long as they can keep it running, they won't condemn it.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    67
    its sounds like its low on freon just a little bit, and it is a rheem another good reason to condemn

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida Space Coast
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo86 View Post
    if its 80 inside ur pressure should be up close to 80 so either a) ur giving me wrong information or b) if it was 75 then 68 could be reasonable, so which one was it so no need to get defensive,
    Not being defensive, just trying to understand why the service tech would say the pressures were good and you're saying they're not good. As I said, it was 80* inside before he touched the unit. By the time I got inside to close the windows it had started cooling already. May even have been down to 77 or so at that point, I don't know. I do know it hit the 75* setpoint soon after he left and has been working ever since.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida Space Coast
    Posts
    503

    Moderator - A Little Help, Please!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo86 View Post
    if its 80 inside ur pressure should be up close to 80 so either a) ur giving me wrong information or b) if it was 75 then 68 could be reasonable, so which one was it so no need to get defensive,
    I don't see an asterisk in your monicker, so I'm a little skeptical about this advice.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Joy View Post
    I don't see an asterisk in your monicker, so I'm a little skeptical about this advice.
    what is skeptical? im just trying to know correct information, you dont have to believe me i am just suggesting

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Joy View Post
    I absolutely need, want, will get (sooner or later) a new unit. Would be perfectly happy to have the home warranty company's service tech condemn it so I can get a cash-out settlement towards a new unit. As long as they can keep it running, they won't condemn it.
    yOUR main problem is the fact that you are dealing with a home warranty company. If you want it done right pay for it yourself for the HWC have a choke hold on them.IMO.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo86 View Post
    if its 80 inside ur pressure should be up close to 80 so either a) ur giving me wrong information or b) if it was 75 then 68 could be reasonable, so which one was it so no need to get defensive,
    1) you're wrong, is this really how you asses charge? The unit has a TXV and 2)you aren't supposed to be posing in AOP

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by ADillon View Post
    1) you're wrong, is this really how you asses charge? The unit has a TXV and 2)you aren't supposed to be posing in AOP
    were did i say anything about charging? lol

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida Space Coast
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    yOUR main problem is the fact that you are dealing with a home warranty company. If you want it done right pay for it yourself for the HWC have a choke hold on them.IMO.
    I'm not sure my paying an independent contractor to condemn the unit would result in enough of a cash-out settlement from the HWC. I tried that when I decided to replace the entire Federal Pacific Electric breaker box when the breaker for the water heater wouldn't stop tripping. Yes, the entire system was "condemned" as a fire hazard by the contractor, but because the other breakers were "still working" the HWC would only reimburse me for the "cost to repair/replace the failed component", which was the one circuit breaker. So.... there'd have to be a significantly expensive "failed component" for them to cash-out the HP based on another contractor's diagnosis. And I'm not sure paying a contractor enough to "fudge" a compressor failure would be a good idea.

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo86 View Post
    were did i say anything about charging? lol
    I didn't say anything about charging. I said assessing charge. Do you understand the difference? You saying that the unit is 'a little low' based on nothing but suction pressure and indoor dry bulb is wrong. The ID DB is 80 so the suction pressure should be 80? That is a hillbilly method of assessing charge. Why didn't you just ask if the suction line was beer can cold? The fact that you would trash talk a brand on AOP is also wrong. The fact that you are posting is AOP is wrong. You are 360* of wrong. Any other stupid questions?

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    67
    sure what kind of sandwich is that

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event