+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trend Third Party

Post Likes

Exclamation Trend Third Party

Is the other workstation is neccessary with equivalent to BMS workstation, if we are using the third party integration for "TONN" gateways.

Post Likes

Tonn workstation?

Quote Originally Posted by safwan View Post
    Is the other workstation is neccessary with equivalent to BMS workstation, if we are using the third party integration for "TONN" gateways.
    Sorry Sawfan need a bit more info here.

If you mean can you talk directly to a Tonn with a niagara workstation, then yes is the answer.
    The niagara points can be learnt the same as any other Jace.

Trends 963 supervisor wont talk to the Tonn directly, you need to install (and pay for) TOPS.
    TOPS is essentially a stripped down version of workbench, it automatically runs a station that you configure through
    simple menus.

Post Likes
    Just my 2 pennies...

Leave 963 in the UK and just use the TONN for the workstation or get AX supervisor. Using 963 with Niagara on site seems like a huge step in reverse.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Just my 2 pennies...

Leave 963 in the UK and just use the TONN for the workstation or get AX supervisor. Using 963 with Niagara on site seems like a huge step in reverse.
    Agreed for the US, Orion242. Trend look at things a bit different over here!
    gnomethang

Post Likes
    LOL... You can allays tell them... "<Insert XYZ Tbox peddler here> have been knocking my door down. Keep the BINC, 963, TOPs, etc, and I'll pull everything in Bacnet and be done with it"

Been there done that.

From what I hear they locked it down over there, while here it couldn't be more open. US customers are not going to tolerate crippled Jaces. At least none of the big ones.

US pricing is such that its often more cost effective to use Niagara on the top end over 963/tops/BINC.

I'll keep my raw opinions on 963 & TOPPs for the pro forum.
    Last edited by orion242; 10-23-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Heh! I am a pro member here too but i don't need to go there to know your opinion on TOPS !!

Post Likes
    I don't understand the Trend strategy with TOPS, 963/TOPS/BINC is too "complicate" and more expensive... It's like cat food,
    "You're boring with your niagara, we have develop TOPS, take and leave us alone". Anyway!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in