help choosing amana amvc95 or lennox SLP98V

Hi,

I need some help picking between amana amvc95 and lennox SLP98V. I am trying to determine what the best value is between the two. Any feedback or guidance is greatly appreciated. Both of them will be installed by reputable dealers.

Thank you

Some like ford, some like Chevy.... I'd go with the amana but that's just me. "Dave" can be a real headache.

What are the sizes of the furnaces offered? How was the size determined? How are the furnaces to be installed? What kind of filters are they using? Did they measure your duct and count your registers and grilles?

How detailed is the proposal? Does it list model, size, accurate AFUE, labor, warranties (labor + materials), permit , tax, gas piping, electrical, etc...............

These questions will help determine who is the "reputable" dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by George2 View Post
    What are the sizes of the furnaces offered? How was the size determined? How are the furnaces to be installed? What kind of filters are they using? Did they measure your duct and count your registers and grilles?

How detailed is the proposal? Does it list model, size, accurate AFUE, labor, warranties (labor + materials), permit , tax, gas piping, electrical, etc...............

These questions will help determine who is the "reputable" dealer.
    All the things George mentioned are important things to consider before deciding on which manufacturer to select. You have one vote for Amana, but I'll give you my opinion to go with the Lennox. All of the above things should be considered as paramount over the brand name of the equipment. Proper sizing and installation are key. Both of the furnaces are comparable in features, although you don't provide full model numbers so can't determine sizes quoted.

The quietest and most efficient furnace? I vote lennox but the install is even more important than brand.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

I lean to Lennox as well.... installed lots and almost zero troubles..... all furnaces are good...get it properly sized installed and set up you will be happy
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

The proposals are pretty detailed, I got the dealers to list as you mentioned labor , permits, tax, warranties, air cleaners included, same AFUE ( 70 k BTU ), etc so I can compare apples to apples. One thing I was not sure of were the reliability and performance of the brands since the installation will be done by respectable profesionals both rated A+ by BBB. The Lennox SLP98V is about $500 more expensive than the Amana amvc95 and it has the Variable-capacity operation which I think that Amana amv95 does not. Not sure how important this feature is.

Thank you

The "V' in the Model# makes me believe its also Variable.,and an option worth considering,exspeacialy if in a multi level home! Just installed an Amana.,you know Goodman makes them. Like a Chevy and a Buick. Ask if he handles Goodman an save a bit. Main component the same.

Both machines have a variable speed motor, however only the Lennox is modulating.
    Get the iComfort t-stat if you're going with the Lennox, it will make the most of its features.
    Also make sure you get the best warranty available that you can, both furnaces are expensive to repair and require regular maintenance!

if you go with amana feel sorry for you when it breaks down