Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11

    WANTED: C-20 License

    I have just started my business in the Santa Clarita area in southern california and and the CSLB will take around 3-4 months to process my application that I have submitted for my C-20 License. My office is setup, insurances, workers comp., ...etc I am set and ready to go ASAP. all I need is the License, is there anyone that is the qualifying individual on the C-20 license and would like to partner with me?
    he/she will be an RME at our company.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    1,090
    What is a C-20 Lic?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    L.A. California
    Posts
    145
    Need more input.
    What is your experience?
    Why are you looking for a partner?
    What's your vision?
    Are you aware summer was kind of slow?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    What is a C-20 Lic?
    A C-20 License/Classification, is a contractors license that allows you to work with HVAC "Warm Air Heating,Ventilating and Air Conditioning "

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    1,090
    How did I already know the answer before I asked the Question.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesVV View Post
    Need more input.
    What is your experience?
    Why are you looking for a partner?
    What's your vision?
    Are you aware summer was kind of slow?
    - I'm a mechanical engineer, most of my experience was achieved overseas and now that I have moved in to So Cal, I need to build up my experience again under a different market sector.

    - I am looking for a partner because my C-20 application at CSLB will take up to 4 months to process and I need to start my business ASAP as I am paying office rent, work comp, general liability and other legal fees as I mentioned in my post. I am also looking for a partner because I need someone to help me out on the job.

    - My vision is to grow my company exponantially and dominate the HVAC business in my area. SCV

    - yes I am aware that summer was kind of slow and I am sure that winter is nocking on the doors and HVAC business will get even slower, non the less I have a goal and a business plan that are ready to be achieved. the only thing that is holding me is the C-20.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    1,116
    Your vision is bold. Good luck.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,833
    I have a c20 and a c36
    648168

    But i have not used them in many years!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    I have a c20 and a c36
    648168

    But i have not used them in many years!
    if you're seriuosly thinking about this and you think that you can reactivate your c20, I am very much interested in working out a deal with you. I suggest you call CSLB and and check if you can get them active again.

    Ps: you must be the "qualifying individual" on the license NOT a general partner.

    thank you for your help and let me know what happens ASAP.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3mair View Post
    if you're seriuosly thinking about this and you think that you can reactivate your c20, I am very much interested in working out a deal with you. I suggest you call CSLB and and check if you can get them active again.

    Ps: you must be the "qualifying individual" on the license NOT a general partner.

    thank you for your help and let me know what happens ASAP.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11
    any updates?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10

    c 20

    Yea I have my c20 license active. I only use it for side jobs few and far between typically for people I work with. I do maintenance work for a big park in Santa Clarita hvac/r 40 hours a week. So im often busy and hesitant to expand my business. Do you have alot of work because im finding out advertisement is expensive,but my name is getting around a bit with all my happy customers.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by idutch View Post
    Yea I have my c20 license active. I only use it for side jobs few and far between typically for people I work with. I do maintenance work for a big park in Santa Clarita hvac/r 40 hours a week. So im often busy and hesitant to expand my business. Do you have alot of work because im finding out advertisement is expensive,but my name is getting around a bit with all my happy customers.
    idutch, please email me on a.badawiyeh@gmail so that we can discuss this further thx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event